Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know how to tattoo yourself or where to find out how to.

Now bear in mind i'm not completely set on doing this, but if i can find a way that i think i can do myself i'm willing to try.

And yes i know it is dangerous if i don't know what i am doing, which i don't but i want to learn and i'm not going to rush into it if i do it at all. But i'm pretty confident i could do it as i am a pretty good artist, i have a good tolerance from pain, and really i'm not an idiot.

So don't just tell me i'm stupid for even thinking about it, i think i might be able to do it myself and i want to see if i can find out how.
I wouldn't recommend it.

It's best to get it done at a shop by a professional artist.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Oh yeah and if anyone knows, or knows about anyone who has tried this i wouldnt mind hearing about it.
write in pen really hard, than make little dots tracing the lining with a needle, your riskin infection or just get an indian art set
Don't do it man. You will most likely screw up and be stuck with it so just get it done by a professional.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
I used to work in the Emergency Room where I live.

Some dumb ass decided to try and tattoo himself on the right arm.

Since the equipment was not professionally sterile and he tried to use Ink from a ball point pen, the wound became Gangrenous and they had to cut out a chuck of his arm.

I HIGHLY recommend you shell out the $100+ dollars to get a nice piece of work done.

Don't be stupid. You'll regret it.
PM Skeptopotamus.
He'd probably the first UG'er I'd ask about that kinda stuff.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Yea, I've known tons of people that have tried. What you do is you burnt he needle to sterilize it, then you put the needle in a marker or ball point pen so it gets the ink, then pull it out and stab, and repeat until you're crying like a little girl and you have a stupid looking-lopsided design on whatever part of your body you want it. Weeks later, the color will almost be gone and it will just look like a retarded emo scar. Good luck.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Watch Memento. He tattoos himself.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Well if i do it myself i'm not going to screw it up but i'm wondering about how to avoid infection, because that would suck. But what would a proffesional do to not have me infected that i cannot do?
Quote by LilVikingboy
Watch Memento. He tattoos himself.

I saw that but I'm not sure how that works exactly. Didnt he heat the needle dip it in ink and poke himself?
Quote by jay_d_
Well if i do it myself i'm not going to screw it up but i'm wondering about how to avoid infection, because that would suck. But what would a proffesional do to not have me infected that i cannot do?

Keep everything very sterile, also experience usually helps in this field.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

don't do it. Get a professional to do it. For starters, it'll be much more sterile than you could get it, and it'd look better.

Secondly, 20% of people pass out when they get tattoos done. If you pass out whilst tattooing yourself, God knows what could happen.

Thirdly, don't do it
if you take ash and toothpaste you can make an ink. stabbing yourself with a staple and using the ink works. you can also rig up an electric toothbrush into a tatoo gun

i reccomend buying a tattoo gun and ink and everything. then practice on oranges and animal meat. after you get good do the bottom of your foot because it will go away. get good and do it on yourself and friends. i got a smiley face on my ass by a friend who did that.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by jay_d_

Well, first of all they're professionals. You know trained for it for years, with specific equipment, by law requirement for everything to be sterile as hell..

Here's the thing dude, you say it will come out looking fine, but tattoo artist equipment goes fast and cosntant, there is no way you will be able to get near the quality of a tattoo from a good professional with a needle and a blot of ink, it's just not possible, it doesn't matter how good of an artist you think you are. Not to mention the fact that it will hurt immensely more, you could easily get ink poisoning because you're not using tattoo ink, and you'll end up with the mark of a moron for the rest of your life because you're too cheap to shelf out some cash or too immature to wait until you're 18, in which case you're not ready for a tat anyways.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by JC13
out of curiosity, why would you prefer doing this, as opposed to going to a tatoo parlour?

One reason is actually curiosity, because i kind of want to see if i can do it, i like doing things myself whatever they may be, but also i dont have that much money to put into it.

On another note if i do go through with it, i'm going to make it something small and simple, something i am confident i can do on my own.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Well, first of all they're professionals. You know trained for it for years, with specific equipment, by law requirement for everything to be sterile as hell..

Here's the thing dude, you say it will come out looking fine, but tattoo artist equipment goes fast and cosntant, there is no way you will be able to get near the quality of a tattoo from a good professional with a needle and a blot of ink, it's just not possible, it doesn't matter how good of an artist you think you are. Not to mention the fact that it will hurt immensely more, you could easily get ink poisoning because you're not using tattoo ink, and you'll end up with the mark of a moron for the rest of your life because you're too cheap to shelf out some cash or too immature to wait until you're 18, in which case you're not ready for a tat anyways.

why can't you be mature enough to get a tattoo before you're 18?
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by Zeke5000

because tastes will change but a tattoo will be there forever (sorta)
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by UndeadPaperclip

and you'll end up with the mark of a moron for the rest of your life because you're too cheap to shelf out some cash or too immature to wait until you're 18, in which case you're not ready for a tat anyways.

Well i can sterilize a needle, ok?

And i'm not rushing into this solely because of lack of cash and really i'm not to young and immature, i am 19 now, i'm not just some stupid kid, no need to treat me like one.
Quote by Zeke5000

I didn't neccessarily say that, but a tattoo is a permenant mark on your body for the rest of your life, it's not something that should just be rushed into. You might be mature enough, but if you're truly ready then you should be able to convince a parent to sign for you, or simply wait a few years to get it done professionally. If you're mature enough to get a tattoo, and you are set enough on what you truly want for yourself for the rest of your life, then you should have at least enough wisdom to wait until you can get it done sensibly.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by jay_d_

And i'm not rushing into this solely because of lack of cash and really i'm not to young and immature, i am 19 now, i'm not just some stupid kid, no need to treat me like one.

there's a LOT more to it than just sterilising a needle... you need to consider how deep you need to do it, how to take care of the wound afterwards- because that's essentially what you're doing.... and then there's the passing out problem. Seriously, that's dangerous when that happens. I went with my mate to get a tattoo, and he got a dragon that came from one side of his chest, under the arm, round his back, and back round to curl around his nipple, and he passed out during the outline (which is the most painful bit, btw). The tattooist just jumped onto him and held him in place until he regained consciousness... that was scary, because when you pass out during tattooing, you don't collapse... you have a blimmin' seizure.
Quote by JC13
Yeah dude think of seeing an 80 year old man in years to come, with a big cannibal corpse tatoo down his arm..

Haha..but seriously its not going to be something silly that is just a passing fad. I'm not that dumb. And like i said something small and simple.
Quote by jay_d_

Yeah, you can sterilize a needle for a while, assuming you're wise enough to sterilize it each time you take it out of your arm and back through the bacteria-infested air to your little pool of unspecialized ink, but you can't sterilize ink that isn't designed for it. Thus, you get ink poisoning and get a nice trip to the hospital at best.

And like I said before, assuming you're lucky enough to not get ink poisoning and bored enough to resterilize the same ever-dulling non-tattoo needle to jam back into your body, then there is no way you can make it look as good as a professional artist. A tattoo gun goes through thousands of penetrations for a tattoo, you're talking about using unspecialized equipment and jabbing yourself thousands of limited structure times with a good 10-20 second break between each stab? Good luck, it'll hurt like hell and look like shit.
Kabir
all the selfdone tattoes the kids i know have done eventually came off.
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
In my state you have to be a registered nurse to be able to be a tattoo artist. That should give you an idea of how much more there is to it than just making sure the needle is sterile.

Get it done professionally.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by jay_d_

do you have an autoclave? If you dont, good luck getting it sufficiently sterile. Ive tattooed mysel, and later removed said tattoo with an x-acto knife. Just get a pro to do it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
it didnt really hurt that bad, because the graphite wasnt very deep in my skin. It bled quite a bit though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by captainjackass
i cant get a tattoo because of something with my blood ill die

You better hope you don't get drunk and get a tattoo.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
if you're going to do it, the way to do it is to BUY A STERILE NEEDLE!!! AND STERILE INK!!! then you can take the head off an electric tooth brush, and attatch the needle to the part that moves up and down constantly. then get STERILE THREAD, and wrap it around the needle about five millimeters up. This serves two purposes, first, you dip the whole needle into the ink, deep enough to soak the thread, which keeps a steady flow of ink flowing down the needle, thanks to gravity, and second, it helps you guide, so you can keep a farely uniform depth. you want to go in about 3 millimeters deep, depending on what part of your body you do.

This is the best way i am aware of to tattoo yourself, but it's still better to have it done proffessionally.
I've known people who did this when they were high and got ****ed over really bad when they sobered up. They had tattoos of mushrooms and mario and tanks and stupid shit with a pen and needle. Plus it looked dumb.

Get a pro to do it.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
This girl in my school gave her self a heart shaped one with a needle and the ink from a sharpie. I dont reccomend this after seeing it.
To sum up what everyone here has already said: if you do this to yourself, you are an idiot. I hope your arm/leg/penis/ets gets infected and you have to get it removed.
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

My parents tattoo each other all the time, and my mom has fixed a tattoo of her own that was <b>done by a proffesional</b> and it turned out better than when it was originally done. All the tattoos they've done are really good.
Page 1 of 2