I picked this baby up off my friend for $300 (he just started hating the feel of the neck) while it goes for near $900 or $1000 new. Its a Gibson SG special, ebony as you can tell, and about 7 months old. It's in really good condition and plays quite well. I cleaned it up and changed the strings today so its almost as good as new. I haven't had the chance to run it thru my mark iv but I shall soon.

2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
yay?
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
Thats acutally pretty cool, good buy. I bet your friends really happy. y guitar
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
ya i was between the LP and SG...i bought the LP with a 60's neck i believe (the wider one) cuz i wasnt liking the neck of the SG / the tone as much
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
i don't love the SG but for $300 I thought it was a great deal. You can hardly buy decent firewood for 300 haha. I will probably end up selling it, likely to my brother for a small premium, since he loves SGs. If I do come around and like the thing I'll mod it a bit, likely adding new pickups since the stock ones are not that wonderful for metal.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Why does everyone buy SG's? Those and Les Pauls are the top two today, I swear...

And I hate 'em both.
ive got one just like it, except mine is in red.... and i paid full price for it...... and ive gotta send it back because i managed to **** up the frets somehow and it sounds crappy......

i dont like the neck of it either...

you know... there was a les paul sitting right beside it.... why, oh why didnt i buy the les paul... and there was an srv strat to the other side.... but i had to pick the sg, didnt i?....
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
ya i was between the LP and SG...i bought the LP with a 60's neck i believe (the wider one) cuz i wasnt liking the neck of the SG / the tone as much

60's neck is the slimmer one, the 50's neck is the wider neck.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Im not a big fan of the Special, but for 300 dollars! Hell, thats great, you can turn it around and sell it on ebay for more money.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
ahh thank you. i was talking with someone, and i could remember if they cursed themselves for getting the 60's neck, or cursed theirs and wish they had the 60's. so thank you
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
meh...not a big fan of gibson SGs tbh...they've been much improved in guitars like the ESP Viper...
thats not a special buddy, thats an SG Faded. $300 is still good though
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Dude thats not a faded^^^Look at the pictures. First the paint aint even faded at all, and its glossed, and its black. Fadeds arent very glossed or do they come in black. Be more observant.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Quote by Angus76
Dude thats not a faded^^^Look at the pictures. First the paint aint even faded at all, and its glossed, and its black. Fadeds arent very glossed or do they come in black. Be more observant.

Thanks for pointing that out, it was bothering me

good buy threadstarter, I really like the specials, with new pickups they're great guitars.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by DeathForAll
Why does everyone buy SG's? Those and Les Pauls are the top two today, I swear...

And I hate 'em both.

Have you ever played genuine 1957 les paul gold top, jw cause to judge on, in my opinion such a great guitar, you would have to have tried the one of the best if not the best kind of les paul made.
"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."~Jimi Hendrix...
people have different tastes in guitars. I think you got a great deal, but i play exclusively on american made guitars these days. (which is not a statement that everyone else should. the less you all buy, the more there are for me)

One man's classic is another man's artifact or anachronism. The Telecaster, P-Bass and Les Paul are probably the de-facto definition of calssic instruments, it's where the majority of rock came from. But as music branched out, so did the musicians' needs So we end up with things like floating bridges, scalloped necks, active pickups and all the other modern conveniences.

But back to topic, you got a rock solid instrument at a great price. I'm envious. Not good for metal? I've played slayer and megadeth through my Les Paul deluxe with alnico mini-humbuckers, so where there's a will, there's a way.
Jesus, that's a total bargain!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay