Alright, Im going to the music store tomorrow (great selection) and these are the two things Im keeping in mind. Whats you're view? I havea small little Marshal (very nice though) amp, and it has great gain. But after hearing the Boss, I like its very heavy distortion. This and my amp, I think I could rule the world.

But I've also heard very nice things about Demon. What are your views?

I like A7x, Ozzy, Sabbath, Hendrix, nice and mellow chord progressions, shredding, sweeping, mellow songs, rock songs, jazz songs, and everything EVERYTHIGN inbetween. But my heart lays with the A7x ozzy sabath stuff.

What are your views? I like my distortion, and I dont know much about this wah pedal. I have a little dgietc modulator with a wah, but it SUCKS ASS. Honestly. The effects are fun to toy with, but dont even use the Wah cuz you'll gouge your ears out because you're pressing the pedal BUT NOTHIGNS HAPPENING...
I probably forgot to mention I have aprox 200 Dollers to spend. See its either Boss, demon, or new accoustic guitar, since mine isnt playable. Hell, maybe they'rll be an electric I like to replace my crappy one. But of course its the player, not the equip.

Im leaving bright and early, so any thoughts would be appriciated. thank you.
People are just going to tell you how they suck, but just try them out. Maybe you could find a cheap wah and get it along with the Metalzone?
Thanks for the quick reply.

Im not sure what's so good about the Weeping Demon. I just heard it's good. I dont know whats acctually good about it.

EDIT: Trying them out.. Yes i'll do that. See i've usually seen other people play them, try theirs, and then go get it from the store. I've never acctulaly tested anything out at a store, so it never occured to me to do that. I'll do that.. I suppose thats why they have those glass rooms eh!

Thanks a lot, keep posting your opinions!
if you've already got distortion you're happy with...
but you lack a decent wah....

surely you've answered your own question :p
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Well you see I was happy with it, and then i heard the boss, and I feel in love with its deep heavy distortion.. Im torn

EDIT: The only thing i know about the wah, is what that guy on youtube (search weeping demon) did for his ebay sale.

I dont even know much about wahs acctulaly. or what to do with them.

Is there a chance i could live with my heavy distortion for a year or so, and then add wah? i wonder whats more important.. thanks for your views! or at leas twhat you think i should get.
Last edited by VoodoChildGirl at Mar 13, 2007,
Wah is a transfer from bass to treble, by rocking your foot back and forth on a pedal you can choose how and when this happens. When done fast, it gives off a sound which sounds like something or someone is saying "wah-wah". Thats the purpose, and how it got its name. It gives a great affect to any solo, as you can see, if you listen to the solo in Sweet child of Mine, you will notice slash uses one to reach the peak of his solo. A good distortion pedal never hurts though.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by ericgentz
. A good distortion pedal never hurts though.

yeah, but a metalzone?

my first distortion pedal was a MT-2. loved it to start with, but then discovered the metal muff lol. But, i think a bit out of your price range eh?

go for the wah. The weeping demon has, i feel, excellent sweep (which is, the transfer between bass and treble i.e there is no jumpy movements. nice and smooth). Plus, from memory, it has a few options. I tried one, liked it, but never got round to purchasing it.
I have both the mt-2 and weeping demon,
the weeping demon is awesome, best metal wah out there, the mt-2 was sorta crap, until i got a keeley mod on it, now it sounds brutal, mt-2 + keeley mod beats just about everyother distorion pedal out there, though man, if your amp and guitar sucks ass i would save up and purchase a better one
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
you can get a very good distortion stompbox for $200, but its up to you to how much you wanna spend on just a stompbox by itself. For my solid state amp, im using a sansamp GT2 and its way way versatile and tonally better than any boss pedal i've used. But then again, it IS pricy for a stompbox.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
i'm suprised no one told him to buy a new amp.

i really save up a little more and get a nice Roland Cube. Blows your MG out of the water.
unless your completely happy with your MG i would check into it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i have a MT-2 but i dont really think you need so much distortion rite >_> i would rather suggest u save up and get maybe a used marshall JCM ?
Quote by igotabcrich32
i'm suprised no one told him to buy a new amp.

I DID!!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Thank you very much. I have no problems with my amp though.

And thank you very much for your helpful replys.

I'll reply with what i did get. Demon, or MT2
you say that now, gauranteed in about 1 year you'll be wanting to upgrade, happens with everyone
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
you can get a very good distortion stompbox for $200, but its up to you to how much you wanna spend on just a stompbox by itself. For my solid state amp, im using a sansamp GT2 and its way way versatile and tonally better than any boss pedal i've used. But then again, it IS pricy for a stompbox.

yeah i 2nd the sansamp
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

1) I own an MT-2 and it rocks socks of when i play it through my champ. The EQ can get a little confusing but I think that youll get a great A7x sound out of it.
2) Ive heard good things about the Weeping Demon my friend owns one and its sounds great.
3) If you're gona play jazz and blues through it i would not recommend it. Even with the Distortion on Min. it still is a little too heavy for blues/jazz.
4) What kind of amp do you have? If its a tube get the OS-2 or SD-1
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Thanks everyone. I bought the Boss, and they didnt have Weeping Demon in stock. I was very surprised at their unexpectedly low prices.

I have no idea what i'd upgrade my amp to though.

Now Im just effing pissed becuase I tried to restring my guitar, broke a string, and now I cant get new ones till tomorrow esepcially with my new pedal! i cant even try it out.
umm i personally have the metal zone as a first pedal, and after getting a dual recto, i am planning to sell it on amazon. but i think distortion is a staple for any guitarist [well in this case].
bad move with the mt-2 dude. if you'll notice all your tone is too thin. and doesnt have a nice lead tone. youll love it now. but later, youll realize what i mean. some people here feel the same way. others are sill noob. dont believe me? search for the mt-2 here in ug. but still its a personal preference. good luck
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots