Im looking for a guitar in the 300-500 dollar range. I play Rock, Alternative Rock, some Punk. Im in love with the band Death from Above 1979 and i kind of wanna follow that direction. I know its bass, but i wanna get that type of distortion. I was thinking of getting a Standard Telecaster or Epiphone G400. Im afraid that the tele will not have good tone since its only 2 single coils, and i think the epiphone might be to metal for me. I have yet to play the two so im not sure what to expect.

Any other guitars you could throw at me? Is the telecaster good with distortion and tone?
personally i'd take the epiphone, i have a les paul myself, i use it for metal, but as a backup, i use my jackson at the moment, but so you're aware, Epiphone is NOT too metal, if you're comparing it to like, Toni Iommi or something, then i dont get how you think its metal, but in my opinion, the Epi is way better/cooler then a telecaster
SG's arent metal guitars, its just that people turn them into metal guitars. It was really the guitar that defined the phsycadelic 60's. I tried the Epiphone SG when I recently went and bought a new guitar two days ago, and I went with the Cort M520.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
is the g400 a heavy guitar? ive got a squire strat and its pretty light, i dont wanna buy a really heavy guitar. and from what i heard, all sgs are neck heavy?

by the way, when an amp has "DSP" what does that mean?
Quote by lukeswits
is the g400 a heavy guitar? ive got a squire strat and its pretty light, i dont wanna buy a really heavy guitar. and from what i heard, all sgs are neck heavy?

by the way, when an amp has "DSP" what does that mean?

The G400 is pretty light, and thin, but I hear that it feels wierd to play while standing, but I didn't play it standing. Don't know about DSP though....
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Mar 13, 2007,
if you get the epiphone get a plain top les paul meaning the body is all mahogany instead of maghogany/alder like the regular standards, this way you will get a fatter tone i have one and it is a very versatile guitar
i dont want a les paul because ive tried one and i hated it. the body is too big for my liking.
Look into a strat, an h-s-s strat if possible, really versatile, and should get you the sound that you are looking for.