I checked out the shred lesson on this site and it said to practice until you can play chromatic scales at 16th notes at at least 150 bpm. Do I ned to be able to play other scales like Major scales very fast too at 150 bpm at 16th notes?
Well, yes, they should be easier though. Generally chromatic stuff is harder because of the awkward fingering.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by grrrr
I checked out the shred lesson on this site and it said to practice until you can play chromatic scales at 16th notes at at least 150 bpm. Do I ned to be able to play other scales like Major scales very fast too at 150 bpm at 16th notes?

I would definitely recommend it. Make patterns that are unusual and awkward to play, then practice them with a metronome until you can play them effortlessly.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.