I died.
Swiftly swaying across songs in your head,
the sonnet or the couplet that never stays away.
I cried.
Never knowing you stared in the mirror,
The handheld or the fullsets that never goes astray.
I felt.
Worse then wonder on a Sunday morning,
The priest or the father who never doubt the faith.
I dealt.
Dealing death more then nicotine in
The teenager or the grandpa’s diligent lungs.
I taught.
Teaching nothing if I’m whisked away from
The memories or the picture’s captioned time.
I’m gone.

i have no idea how that went.
I died.
mmm. Undecided on this Mike. Nice alliteration in the second line. The thrid- well, it's nice. Not great imo but it's nice and it's a nice thought.
I cried.
It might fit the piece but I feel you can do so much better than this, both with the rhyme and the word cried. I think this needs some spicing up.
go or goes astray? I don't know, just bringing up the point, I thought "go" should've been used.. idk. Agai, I like the first line here but not so much the second. Probably 'cos I don't know what you're on about there with handheld and fullsets, americanisms?
I felt.
than, not then. I think.
Eh I disagree with tis line. I thin kthey do doubt faith sometimes. I think everyone does.
I dealt.
Eh, really I feel this is subpar from you so far.
I taught.
I’m gone.
Okay, my thoughts on this piece are kind of like this:

I feel this is a deep piece, as usual from you,and it has the basis of some good images in it, but I feel like this is lacking oomph and excitement, that extra juice. For me this was very bland for you, I was waiting for something to excite me but it never came. Personally Mike, I think you should use the ideas here and try for a more eciting approach to this, The "I dies etc" lines for me were boring 'til the last one, and really I feel you can do better than this.

If you could, I 'd appreciate a critique to the one in my sig. Thanks if you can man
Jamie you pre much always crit my pieces and i realize i use nicotone/ cigs in nearly all of mine lately. Lol, cigarettes are a think im pre much constantly thinking about right now, tis very person all to me because im trying to quit and having a hell of a time doing it. Anyways yeah ill get to yours.
Quote by TrigFunction
Jamie you pre much always crit my pieces and i realize i use nicotone/ cigs in nearly all of mine lately. Lol, cigarettes are a think im pre much constantly thinking about right now, tis very person all to me because im trying to quit and having a hell of a time doing it. Anyways yeah ill get to yours.

Yeah cigs are the standard in most of your work, I don't really have a problem as I think they can be used as a good image and metaphor, even for non-smokers.

Thanks if you can get to mine, it needs it, my pieces are sinking fast
Quote by TrigFunction
I died.
I cried.

loved this. its a great start

I felt.
I dealt.

awesome. i love the lead ins. the 2L here is decent but failed to really blow me away like everything else has so far.

I taught.
I’m gone.

L1 and L2 are a little blah. kind of a little cliche for the rest of this. the last 3 lines are perfect.
i have no idea how that went.

sorry i had really nothing to say, this was a nearly perfect piece.
9/10
let me know when you psot another i really like your writing

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544744
if you have time theres my new one. you dont have to say really anything at all just if you liked it or whatever