i took off the pickgaurd, and theres these holes where it got screwed in, can those be fixed? also im trying to take off the treble/rythym plate switch (plastic thing, not the plastic piece on the knob) and it seems to be glued, anyone know how i can solve 1 or both of these, thanks

p.s. my guitar is the Black Epiphone Elitist
www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
i took off the pickgaurd, and theres these holes where it got screwed in, can those be fixed?

cause i want the pickgaurd off, i like the way it looks better witout it.

and as far as the treble cover thing, i think it would look even better without that lol.

and since ill be havin the pickgaurd off, i dont want that hole to in the future get bigger, chiped etc... and was wondering if there is a way i can fill it. Or better yet get fixed somewhere...
but if there is a way to fill it. id like to be able after to touch it up with a coat of black shiny guitar finish or whatever epiphone uses to coat the guitar to give it that hard black look
the holes shouldn't get any bigger... or they shouldn't. my guitar teacher took the pick-guard of his Les Paul and they've been the same for years.
Ah, A Les Paul. I wouldn't. Elitists are really nice. They're practically Gibsons. All you'd be doing is lowering the value of your guitar, because if this is your first finish, I can almost guarantee your job won't look as good. And if you were to sand it, you'd probably end up having to refinish the whole thing. It's be really hard to just do one area and have it match the whole thing.

IMO, an LP is made to have that pickguard and the Rhythm/Treble switch ring. It looks fine.
the holes shouldn't get any bigger... or they shouldn't. my guitar teacher took the pick-guard of his Les Paul and they've been the same for years.

ya, prllly wont, but knwing me ill mess with it and it will lol. and it will bother me seeing the hole ya know? once these probs get fixed , all i need to get is new vol knobs and ill be %100 happy with my guitar,
ah, A Les Paul. I wouldn't. Elitists are really nice. They're practically Gibsons. All you'd be doing is lowering the value of your guitar, because if this is your first finish, I can almost guarantee your job won't look as good. And if you were to sand it, you'd probably end up having to refinish the whole thing. It's be really hard to just do one area and have it match the whole thing.

IMO, an LP is made to have that pickguard and the Rhythm/Treble switch ring. It looks fine.

Can i take it in somewere? i doubt Guitarcenter does stuff like this? and i bought it used for 400$ so its not like a huge hole in my wallet, and yha i understand what your saying about the pickgaurd and teble thing, but imo i like it more for the black one to have them off, sorta reminds me of a ESP or Shecter or fernedes however you spell that, but thats besides the point. it was already a lil loose, and needs to get fixed wiether it stays on or not
Is it the Elitist Les Paul?

Regardless, don't fill the holes. If you ever want to sell it, anything like filling the holes will ruin the resale value.

The selector pickguard thing (I don't recall the real name) is probably clamped down by the switch, remove the switch to find out. If it doesn't come off, it's probably glued on. Which will not look make the finish look nice if it's removed.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
A refinish would be expensive. A lot of shops charge probly at least $250. My local shop gave me a quote for 300, I believe. Not worth it at all.

I dunno, I've never removed my O-ring, never needed to adjust it.

Damn, 400? I wish I found a deal like that. That's awesome.

I agree with Will. The finish will most likely be marred where the selector ring was.

The selector pickguard thing (I don't recall the real name) is probably clamped down by the switch, remove the switch to find out. If it doesn't come off, it's probably glued on. Which will not look make the finish look nice if it's removed.

I never thought about the glue actually, i doubt it pull something off the guitar, but it just might...i might leave it on actually now that you said that..better safe then sorry. And i most likely wont be selling this guitar...id give it to my dad if anything, but still understand what you are saying.
Ok, I think you guy's have talked me outta this. And it's for the better. Cause I could seriusly mess this guitar up, thanks for the help
Quote by forsaknazrael

Yea, i seriously think it will look better with it kept on.
Just a little hint buddy, use the Edit button situated on the lower right hand side where you posted. It makes things a lot easier to read/follow.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Oh ahaha, thank's man! and btw just say the pick of destiny...you all should by it!
Quote by the_random_hero
Just a little hint buddy, use the Edit button situated on the lower right hand side where you posted. It makes things a lot easier to read/follow.

oh you meant like this aaha, way easier!
The glue might chip the wood it did with mine I was trying to make something really abstract and very art related and i used super glue to glue something when I went to take it out it made a huge chip in the wood and I ended up refinishing it
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Threadstarter, don't spam up your own thread.

*reported*
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
why don't you stick a black pickguard and rhythm/treble plate on instead of the cream im guessing ones you have now
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Threadstarter, don't spam up your own thread.

*reported*

What are/is you/he talking about?
Quote by brandenetc
What are/is you/he talking about?

Let's see, three double posts and one triple post
Learn to use the edit button please.

And on topic, you should just leave the pickguard on. My LP came without a pickguard, and I bought one and put it on because it didn't look right.
Let's see, three double posts and one triple post
Learn to use the edit button please.

Thank's being polite and all, but I still need a example...or in no way am I going to get this. I really have no clue. Im new as you can tell, and don't want to be doing this in the future. So please help me nip this in the bud!
An example of what? How to click the [edit]-button? It's right there, lower right corner of every single one of your own posts. When you want to say something more, and you're not replying to other people's posts, I strongly suggest you click the [edit]-button and just add it to your last post. Multiple posts in a row by the same person is extremely annoying.

The ONLY instance where a double post is acceptable is if, for instance, you have new information on a topic or there's been some kind of general breakthrough.

For example, if you said "I decided not to do this thing", and then in a few weeks you find a pickguard you really dig, which you decide to put on, THEN you are reasonably excused to post another time, even though it'd be a double post.

Am I making sense?