Right now, I have an acoustic (first guitar...Samick..$150).......an electric (ESP LTD EC-50....$250). I played my acoustic for about a year or so, then moved to electric. My LTD (first elec.) is awasome, and i really like it. But I didn't know I'll love the electric and want to get something even more powerful and upscale.

What do i play? I love metal (death, thrash, power, etc.)....I'm starting to like the blues (just started to listening to Hendrix.....but I've always liked the blues)....and of course regular rock.

In terms of sound, I have a small amp. A Marshall MG-10cd. I know...I know! After getting a really good guitar, I'll look into an amp. But one thing at a time u know?

I keep thinking Gibson SG's are what I should go for....but what else should I look into? (I'm new to this...and this might seem dumb to you guys....but...) I know of fender, Gibson, ESP. What other electrics should I look into? What wood would (hehe) be of good sound quality? What guitar company or guitar is known for durability? What guitar has the most bragging rights? (that's important...I won't lie!!)

Price range: ~$800 - $1200

thanks guys!
definitely look into jackson, schecter and ibanez (not so much ibanez, but look anyway).

Heres what I would do, pick up some new pickups for your ec50 and get a better amp with the rest.
Fat strat FTW!
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Heres what I would do, pick up some new pickups for your ec50 and get a better amp with the rest.

Actually that might make more sense for me I guess. I should just look into a good amp first then in a few months, look into a better guitar. But then again, now I need more info on amps. I should go through UG's amp threads. thanks