Hey guys.

My dad's making a new house for our family to move into sometime...er...later this year I'm guessing?

Anyway, I asked if he could make my room sound proof, since I play loud and my neighbors are quite close this time around...

What could I do to sound proof the walls?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Auralex-Studiofoam-Designer-Kit?sku=422602

^Do I just stuff that everywhere?

I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about, can someone help?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
you put that stuff in the walls. as far as i know.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
that stuff is for recording to help eliminate echos but it might help some what
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
yeah thats not sound proofing, thats to get rid of echos. Just have concrete walls, thick roof and door then carpet the room and walls if you can (mostly to dampen echos).
Quote by TheDev01dOne
OMG best idea ever! I want a soundproof bedroom. If you get that you will be one of the coolest people I 'know' Jinksee

Do it...I know that I need it. But about the recording thing...maybe this is the wrong thing to purchase then...

But other than soundproof plush, I'm going to have to get some earplugs.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by _3Lm0_
yeah thats not sound proofing, thats to get rid of echos. Just have concrete walls, thick roof and door then carpet the room and walls if you can (mostly to dampen echos).

So I won't have to purcahse all of that plush?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
There are some really good sites that explain how to soundproof, I forgot which ones but you could probably google them. And to really soundproof a room you are going to have build a room inside a room with a floating floor and ceiling along with a new inner wall. Expect to spend thousands if you are gonna go all out on the soundproofing. If you are trying to reduce the noise just enough to keep neighbors from calling the cops you wouldn't have to do anything so extensive though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
just insulate the hell outta your walls.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel

Well, I hear egg cartons actually don't work, and the solution to build a smaller room into a smaller room just seems like too much work. :P, thanks though!

And joel, I guess I could just throw thick mattresses everywhere...

It aint' going to be professional, I just want somewhere to play without getting the cops called on me.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R