Being a huge metalhead i seem to always find myself picking up the guitar and jamming along with all the great metal songs i love. Was wondering what metal bands or metal song would u like to see or hear go beyond that style and become acoustic metal?

Cds i would choose are:

Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
Iced Earth - Dark Saga and Something Wicked with Matt Barlow
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a dead world
Dream Theater - train of Thought ( would love to hear Petrucci solo on an acoustic)
The most talented man on earth...
why would i want my favourite metal bands to go acoustic???

Although i guess it would be fun to hear the entire Reek of Putrefaction album acoustic

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Pandemonic Hyperblast.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by DeadIdentity81
Dream Theater - train of Thought ( would love to hear Petrucci solo on an acoustic)

http://www.amazon.com/Evening-John-Petrucci-Jordan-Rudess/dp/B0002235E4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/002-8702314-3641613?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1173807999&sr=8-4
I think Dance of Death by Maiden would be phenominal, I can't see death-metal or any related genres sounding good accoustic
lots of power metal would sound amazing acoustically
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Otherside would be awesome
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Necrophaigst- Epitaph. Insideac sounded great when he tried to play it, so I think this could be a winner.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Pandemonic Hyperblast.

Just listen to any Impaled Northern Moonforest (LOL) song, they're kinda close.

Hmm, I'd have to say:

Sunn O))) - any album
Wormphlegm - In An Excruciating Way...
Crystal Mountain sounds pretty cool.

Other than that, id love to hear some King Diamond stuff done acoustic
Anal Cunt would be funny, I'd like to see someone make a genre called "New Wave Of Acoustic Grind"...

NWOAG would be the best genre ever.
Quote by DeadIdentity81

listen to Hollow Years live at Budokan or just Hollow Years.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Damnation.....hardy har har

But seriously.....Silent Night Bodom Night on acoustic would sound pretty interesting
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
Quote by ph3n0m
Check out Impaled Northern Moonforest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impaled_Northern_Moonforest

Greatest song titles ever.

"Masturbating On The Unholy Inverted Tracks Of The Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders"

Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Lol Impaled are THE funniest band ever. Funner than Anal **** imo. Have u guys actually heard the songs, or just read the song names (the songs themselves are evil :P)
Quote by pistols
"Masturbating On The Unholy Inverted Tracks Of The Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders"

*grim and frostbitten gaybar* ftw lol

I know Drudkh already did an acoustic album, but I'd love to hear Autumn Aurora redone as an acoustic record... that and maybe Swallow the Sun's "Ghosts of Loss" album

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Pfft, no metal should ever be played on a grandpa's guitars.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT