Hey, I need advice on new strings for my Stingray.

I got the standard Ernie Balls on it when i bought it over xmas, but the G-string broke only after 3 weeks of playing. Luckily I had some DR High-Beams (40-100) handy, so changed the whole set and fell in love.

Unfortunately, 3 months later (number 3 keeps coming up) my G has broke again, so I need a replacement. I am worried that I'll keep having to splash out £25 each time my G goes to buy a whole new set, so I want to either...

1) Find out what's wrong wiv my bridge saddle (where they both broke.)

2) Get some longer-lasting strings

3) Get some strings that are sold as single-strings (ie. Rotosound or D'addario XL Pro Steels).

If 2) or 3), then what should I buy that's near to the DR's.

I play in a band centred around rock, but playing many different styles mixed in. (ie. Inspirations from RHCP and GNR, plus other funk, punk and fusions)

Hence I want something wiv the bright but not tinny treble, smooth mids and growling bass of the DR's with the playability too, if they're 40-100 gauge.

Thanks for reading... Any Ideas?
RHCP Fanatic! Fish Bass
Sort your bridge out, you may need to file down the bridge saddles if they're a little rough. Then get yourself some Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies.

/thread

EDIT: Fixed spelling, oopsies.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Last edited by Felkara at Mar 13, 2007,
Not an accusation, but perhaps you popped close to the bridge? With any reasonable force, this is a sure way to break strings.

Elixirs maybe?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
3 months!!?!

Thats about the average time for someone who plays alot.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
3 months!!?!

Thats about the average time for someone who plays alot.

Yeah, I break strings about that often if I go easy on them
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
40's are awfully light. Maybe try some 50's (or 45's if you're into Rotosounds).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..