Hi,

I've been viewing the forums here for about 3 years now(well, mainly just the pit), and picked up a lot of useful things. lol. So I thought it was time to share a problem of my own, and see what happens.

Pretty simple question really. What are they best ways to move on? I broke up with my ex 6 months ago now, and I still have these depressive days, which is incredibly crappy now that i'm in College, as it's effecting concerntration and what not.

We were together for about 10 months, and I just thought that by now I should be fairly over it. So i'd like some serious suggestions if you have any. Especially from the adults here. Is this just something the average 16 year old experiences, and I'll look back and laugh loudly at?

Thanks in advance. And yes, Search button was used, but I found nothing. If you can link me somewhere usefull, however, that would be grand.

Cheers,
Laugh? no. Think, WTF did I waste my time with that bitch? yes.

but everyone goes through it.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
The thing that really helped me was going out with my friends all the time. When you're with them, you stop thinking about her and, as much as it hurts, you kind of forget about your problems and just try to enjoy the moment.

A good idea is to not be bitter about the break-up. Remember the fun times you had; don't dwell on the negative. You're just burning more bridges that way, trust me.
Get a new love. It works. Break all possible ties with the other. Eventually you get over it, and maybe in the future you'll be good friends. plus your ex was pretty ugly.
Just get out there, try to pickup, have some one night stands.
Quote by Mattalac
Get a new love. It works. Break all possible ties with the other. Eventually you get over it, and maybe in the future you'll be good friends. plus your ex was pretty ugly.
Just get out there, try to pickup, have some one night stands.

How is immersing himself in women going to help him forget about one?
Time...works best. Seems horrible right now but everyone gets over it at one point whether it's 1 week or 6 months. Ya never know how long it will last but time always seems to take over in the end. That or another hot girl comes along and jumps ya cuz she's had her eye on ya for a while. That's always a plus.
Quote by HorridxHopes
The thing that really helped me was going out with my friends all the time. When you're with them, you stop thinking about her and, as much as it hurts, you kind of forget about your problems and just try to enjoy the moment.

A good idea is to not be bitter about the break-up. Remember the fun times you had; don't dwell on the negative. You're just burning more bridges that way, trust me.

It's weird that. Generally when I think about it, it will be a positive thought. It's those times that I'll get all angry and worked up about it, then it starts to interfere with school and my friendships etc.

Also, a lot of my closer friends have serious jobs now(probably what I need), which is a shame, 'cause most of the people I'm at school with are.. Well, pretty lame lol.
wow, you're 16 and in college? that pretty cool. Or a load of bullshit. Another thing, you joined in march 2007. Unless you got your account banned or deleted or just lurked for 3 years...

Just forget about her and study more often, hang out with friends, etc. It also helps to play your guitar more and write down your feelings.
bone her best friend!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by first_aid
wow, you're 16 and in college? that pretty cool. Or a load of bullshit. Another thing, you joined in march 2007. Unless you got your account banned or deleted or just lurked for 3 years...

Just forget about her and study more often, hang out with friends, etc. It also helps to play your guitar more and write down your feelings.

Yes, I am. Pretty common in Tasmania, Australia.

Actually, music doesn't help a lot. We used to play some stuff together. Really annoys me that I can't listen to Opeth anymore without getting mad and thinking of her. lol
Quote by HorridxHopes

If it were me saying that, you'd realize how stupid that just sounded.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Nope, it's my decision. He's going to die.

Quote by Ferrarone
bone her best friend!

Actually, I considered that at one point. but i guess it's those negative thoughts I have to dismiss, no?
Quote by first_aid

Oh, and yeah, I just lurked for 3 years. There wasn't anything I needed help with until now.
Quote by HorridxHopes

What I meant was. Go out there and meet new girls. Because theres a lot more fish in the sea. You're gonna run into some old boots along the way, but when you catch that sweet sweet fishy, you either cook the thing or keep it on your wall.
Just saying, get out there, have some fun (safe fun) and look at your options.

@first_aid : It's different in Australia I think. I'm 17 (turning 18 this yr), in my last year of college here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College#Australia
Quote by Mattalac
What I meant was. Go out there and meet new girls. Because theres a lot more fish in the sea. You're gonna run into some old boots along the way, but when you catch that sweet sweet fishy, you either cook the thing or keep it on your wall.
Just saying, get out there, have some fun (safe fun) and look at your options.

@first_aid : It's different in Australia I think. I'm 17 (turning 18 this yr), in my last year of college here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College#Australia

I see what you mean. I've been looking, but there doesn't seem to be much talent at school.

I'll have get out some more, and search new places
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat, 'cept she broke up with me a couple of days ago, so the wound is still fresh.

I just try and keep as busy as possible.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat, 'cept she broke up with me a couple of days ago, so the wound is still fresh.

wow it's all happening here

i too am in this boat

she broke up with me a month ago after just over a year.

it sucks. you've just gotta find something to keep your mind ocupied
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
wow it's all happening here

i too am in this boat

she broke up with me a month ago after just over a year.

it sucks. you've just gotta find something to keep your mind ocupied

OMFG

Mine was a just a year too! (counting the long distance, but w/e)

OMFG conspiracy!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I know what you are saying. I feel lucky to have my awsome fiance! But I have been through what you are expirenceing. For me I just find something new and interesting to me. It has to be something you can be passionate about. I would say start playing guitar but you already do that. Take up something new, art, rock climbing, skiing, surfing... it doesn't matter just something new something you can feel passoinate about. Don't rush into another relationship it will most likely be bad. If all else fails smash something it will make you feel better.
I second the new woman idea. It works.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Does jumping into a new relationship really work? I dunno, after getting screwed over by one girl, I wouldn't feel ready for more commitment until at least a few weeks.
Who said anything about commitment?

Sometimes the best relationships are just the ones where you have a bit of short lived passion
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Ah! You mean these.... *looks in dictionary*

One night stands?

Now THAT seems like a plan.
Quote by raise_the_dead

Sorry about that dude. But do me a favor. Get back to me in 6-7 months and tell me how you're feeling about it, so I can see if i'm the only one that sucks balls at moving on? lol

Once again, thanks UG =)

'til next time