hi.... i'm looking for a pedal that will help me to get that marshall sound, something like slash's sound you know? that full tight warm tone, but i also need a few havier sounds too, like metallica and shit, nothing too heavy... what pedals are you recommand?

p.s

im thinking about start working with rackmount based effects... what do you think about it? and which racks are you recommand? hows the Roland GP-16?
Last edited by dor_ben at Mar 13, 2007,
Sorry to dissapoint , but most replies are gonna tell you that only a marshall can get the 'marshall' sound.

All pedals/effects ive tried are nothing like an overdriven marshall tube amp
how about stuff like the marshall jackhammer and the gu'vener (whatever)...?

and what about the rack issue?
the gu'vnor is an anwesome pedal. my guitar teacher uses it all the time.. the closests to a marshall tube distortion sound I've ever heard coming out of a Fender solid-state
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yes the only way to get TRUE marshall sound is a marshall amp. But i have a Jackhammer and it gets slash tone quite well for $70 bucks, if you already have a good amp, pick up a jackhammer, i think its a incredibly underrated pedal.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
I dont know about the guvnor, the Jackhammer can.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
thank you very much guys....

so... what do you guys say about the the whole rack issue?
I think a marshall amp. But the guv'nor is good i think.

But remember! Most of Slash's tone comes from his playing. It's something about the way he strikes the string i think... I went to my friend's house and he has lots of Slash stuff (a slash sig les paul, a jubilee, the Tubescreamer just a lot of the equip slash uses) and we still couldn't get near his tone...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Well like many people said you cant get a marshall sound without the marshall. but if you do go buy a marshall. MAKE SURE ITS A TUBE AMP not an SS amp like those shit MGs. Just cause they say "Marshall" on the front does not mean oh they will sound like slash and any one else who used them. BTW MArshall pedals SUCK!!
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Quote by thehardwayout
MAKE SURE ITS A TUBE AMP not an SS amp like those shit MGs. Just cause they say "Marshall" on the front does not mean oh they will sound like slash and any one else who used them. BTW MArshall pedals SUCK!!

AMEN
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
A Marshall MG.

just to piss that guy off.

J/k, maybe check out the RAT line of pedals from ProCo. I have a RAT(turbo), and it is the best pedal for the least money(well, not new, 10 at garage sale.) I would but the entire line, especially if they have an overdrive pedal. The thing simply rox sox.

EDITzorz.

Marshall Pedals are good, that guy can GTFO my internet. I have the ED-1, and it is a great compressor. Sure, it noises, but everything that compresses, including distortion noises. Therefore, Noise suppressor. : P
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by paintITblack39
You can't get the Marshall sound without the Marshall.

well, you can, but they're gonna be clones which cost the same or more, lol. or at least, quite a bit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall's pedal are underrated, well i think the guvnor and jackhammer are. And 95% of slash's playing comes from his amp, and his playing style.
Gear:
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by Kunundrum
I went to my friend's house and he has lots of Slash stuff (a slash sig les paul, a jubilee, the Tubescreamer just a lot of the equip slash uses) and we still couldn't get near his tone...

Alot of people believe Slash modded his amps, listen to the nightrain outra... seems something 'extra' is there
Last edited by Iccus at Mar 13, 2007,
Carl Martin Plexi tone?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
But remember! Most of Slash's tone comes from his playing. It's something about the way he strikes the string i think... I went to my friend's house and he has lots of Slash stuff (a slash sig les paul, a jubilee, the Tubescreamer just a lot of the equip slash uses) and we still couldn't get near his tone...

Owning the equipment and knowing how to use it are two different things...if I gave my car to The Stig he'd teararse round a racetrack a damnsight quicker than I could ever dream of going. Tone doesn't come from the fingers, it comes from the rig, but you still need to know how to get the best out of it...however, if you have a shit-hot guitar tone and play like a hamfisted oaf you'll still sound shit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I know a lot of you are MG haters...in fact i've seen nobody who's said anything to the contrary yet...
but I've had mine a few years now, and i'm quite pleased with it.
it takes a lot of time to set them up "well"...

but they're seriously not as bad as most of you are saying.

i'd take a gamble and say that some of you are doing a bit of the ol' wagon jumping.

I'm a big GnR fan, and I've managed to get a reasonable "slash tone" out of mine.
maybe i got lucky and they made mine a good one....

i'll record something when i've got recording equipment other than the internal mic on my laptop.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
At $400 or so the Peavey Windsor cops the JCM800 pretty close. Another couple option are the Mig50 for older superlead tones and the GH series from Laney.

Another secret amp that gets old Marshall tones is the Traynor YBC-1.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^ yeah, i was gonna suggest the windsor, but it's still quite a bit more than your average pedal...

haven't tried the other two, I'll take your word for it!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Listen.... i never said anything about getting a marshall amp, i was talking about a pedal, i dont need an amp...
and i have a budget of about 100$...
are you the guy who had the radial tone bone hot british pedal? (i may be mistaken)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i wanted to get it, i almost did, but the guy i was suppose to buy it from lost his mind...
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, you can, but they're gonna be clones which cost the same or more, lol. or at least, quite a bit.

Well, if they're clones I still consider them Marshall
Sent from my iPad.
Marshall Guv'Nor.
Trust me on this one. It's a good pedal, I use it for a boost rather than an all out distortion pedal. It gives a nice crunch, and a good amount of gain for soloing.
It may take a little while to get the best out of it, but if you take the time to set it up (just like anything else), then it's a worthy addition to your pedal collection.
Last edited by AdayTripper at Mar 13, 2007,
Quote by dor_ben
i wanted to get it, i almost did, but the guy i was suppose to buy it from lost his mind...

ah, ok. i was going to say if you already had that, that pedal was pretty much geared at that type of tone, lol.

I dunno.. the problem is that if you cheap out too much, it won't sound anything like a marshall either, and you'll just be out another $50 and still be no closer to a marshall tone...

Quote by paintITblack39
Well, if they're clones I still consider them Marshall

hehe, yeah.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Iccus
Alot of people believe Slash modded his amps, listen to the nightrain outra... seems something 'extra' is there

I'm pretty sure for appetite he used a JCM 800 that was modded, not his, the studio's. Something about a tremolo system i heard. No idea what that means, and i may have the wrong T-word, but it was modded thats for sure.

I have heard good things about the "V-stack Classic" pedal being able to get a good vintage marshall sound - never tried one but im buying one, so ill let everyone know when i get it. Maybe worth a look, ive no idea....