I'm not sure if this goes in electric guitar or MT but anyways, how do I do to figure out the notes played by harmonics???

I want to be able to know what note I'm playing for both the natural and the pinch harmonics please

Is there some kind of "formulae" or something?? or I just have to figure it out by ear, which is near impossible to me for now... ???
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
When you hit the harmonic 12 frets above the note played, it will be one octave higher

When you play it 7 frets above it will be a fifth + one octave higher

When you play it 5 frets above it will be two octaves higher

When you play it 3.9 frets higher (slightly behind the fourth fret) it will be a Maj third and one octave higher

When you play it 2.9 frets higher it will be a minor seventh and two octaves higher.

This pattern repeats every octave

This works will art. nat. and pinch - because they are all the same thing.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

im pretty sure when you play an artificial harmonic it is the same note as the fret your on. dont quote me on that tho
Quote by freedoms_stain
they're not quite the same thing since there's a different techinique to actually playing them,.
then tell me both seperately??
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by hurlyz
then tell me both seperately??

Looks like RPotts description is dead on. The physics behind it is that you are dividing the string into length intervals (half 12 frets up, thirds 7 frets up, quarters 5 frets up etc). This can be useful for figuring out the notes played with pinch harmonics because a lot of times there are no frets beneath where you are creating a harmonic.