Will CCFL's or LED's interfere with the amps inner circuits? I don't know much about electronics, and I was thinking of building a head with light coming out of it.
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
if you're not sure you probably dont want to tackle a head.........
there's this distortion pedal that claims its LED causes weird oscillations. I am not sure, but if you want it to glow just make a tube head, then the tubes will glow.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
If you don't have the LEDs in the head's circuit, then they will be totally seperate and shouldn't do a thing. The LEDs in that oscillation circuit were set up to do that in all likelyhood. LEDs do distort if you replace diodes in a circuit with them (well, they too are diodes after all). But in your situation you can make a whole lightup circuit and it won't matter if it's in the same box as the head. Let me know if I missunderstood or something.
OK cool. Thanks guys for all the input. I'm thinking 'bout getting a Madamp (www.madamp.biz) kit and making it look kinda Recto/Switchblade, but with blue LEDs =D
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
It probably won't interfere with anything. All the cold cathodes and LED's I've seen shouldn't have any problem anyways (people put them everywhere, their computers, their cars... it shouldn't have any problems in the amps).
LED's do not draw much current, so they shouldn't cause too many problems. If you're worried about interference, you should have the LED circuit totally separate to the amp circuit. Just keep the wires away and you should be sweet.
CCFL's (I'm assuming you're meaning those little fluoro tubes) could be a whole other story. I'd stay away from them, although I don't know for certain that they would cause interference.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."