I currently have a fender 60's strat and i've had it for about a year and reacently on the A and D strings the notes die past the 12th fret im not a noob i know all about the action and all that jazz but i need a few suggestions

DB
Fender 60's Strat
Peaveybackstageplus(vintage)
digitech whammy
boss ds-1
you need to raise the string height at the bridge and also check that the neck hasn't warped.
There is no sound on those frets just simply nothing before the problem whenever i would bend any of those frets they would die but now they dont make noise it really blows
Fender 60's Strat
digitech whammy
boss ds-1
raise the action on those strings. with a tiny allen key, turn the pegs on the face of the saddles u want to raise.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^first u try the action. he's not a n00b. but maybe he didnt do it yet.

after that, u measure the neck angle. you start basic and work ur way thru setup steps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

on two strings.

it's important to start with the smallest adjustment first.
especially when explaining how to set up, to someone who probably never adjusted a truss rod before.
you need to make sure the bridge is level, the action has been adjusted, and that the neck angle was checked before suggesting a truss rod be touched.

i know u told him to google or take it in. both very safe, but if u plan on explaining how to set up, it's important to take the thread until it's resolved.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
on two strings.

it's important to start with the smallest adjustment first.
especially when explaining how to set up, to someone who probably never adjusted a truss rod before.
you need to make sure the bridge is level, the action has been adjusted, and that the neck angle was checked before suggesting a truss rod be touched.

i know u told him to google or take it in. both very safe, but if u plan on explaining how to set up, it's important to take the thread until it's resolved.

the internet has a TON of sites dedicated for adjustments, with pictures, diagrams and in depth steps to follow. it only takes a few minutes to read up on it and do it yourself. yes, start with the minor adjustments first, but most of the time the minor adjustments will somewhat correct the buzzing but not the intonation. the saddles should be adjusted one a time as well, rather than having them level.

Also please don't etiquette me on forum knowhows. i moderate a forum with 35,000+ members and I answer questions all day long for drummers
your best bet, if youve never done any of this before, is to take it to guitar shop and pay the few bucks to have it completly set up.
Quote by 7PlaGues
the internet has a TON of sites dedicated for adjustments, with pictures, diagrams and in depth steps to follow. it only takes a few minutes to read up on it and do it yourself. yes, start with the minor adjustments first, but most of the time the minor adjustments will somewhat correct the buzzing but not the intonation. the saddles should be adjusted one a time as well, rather than having them level.

Also please don't etiquette me on forum knowhows. i moderate a forum with 35,000+ members and I answer questions all day long for drummers

well ok sport. it's just that, when someone asks me a question, i usually try to answer it. with specific diagrams, and in depth intructions to follow.

i guess that's one heck of a drum site uve got there. whenever someone asks u how to tighten a skin, u refer them to google.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

nope. i normally post in depth instructions with sites for reference. if you wanna talk drums, feel free to say hi.

www.pearldrummersforum.com

I get where you are coming from JJ, Its just easier to reference a site with pictures and detailed instructions for those who don't have the knowhows to do guitar work. i said to search google because the first 4 sites that normally come up have good info..sorry to be a pain in the biscuits.
well thanks guys i'll probably try to raise up the action but if that doesn't do it i will for sure adjust the neck. Thanks a ton.
Fender 60's Strat
digitech whammy
boss ds-1
Quote by 7PlaGues

I get where you are coming from JJ, Its just easier to reference a site with pictures and detailed instructions for those who don't have the knowhows to do guitar work. i said to search google because the first 4 sites that normally come up have good info..sorry to be a pain in the biscuits.

haha it's ok, i was just messing with u.
i just get frustrated when im trying to explain to a guy how to set up, and every other post is a new fella, (not u) suggesting the TS go pay for a set up.

anyway, he;s right TS. check out the saddles then repost if u need more help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i fixed the problem it was just a bridge problem i had to raise to the saddles. i knew it wasn't a neck problem becase my guitar is mint.