I know this is the Pit, and I know nobody gives two hoots here, but sometimes things can get a little frustrating. I see probably a dozen or two threads a day that just say "Help" or "N33d H37P N0\/\/!" or some other vague reference to needing help with something.

Now, generally, I go to these right away, and if I can answer them, I do, but I'd say a third of the time, it's something I just don't know enough about (FX loops, tube amps... whatever). But anyway, basically what I'm asking people to do is think about how you title your thread. It takes maybe an extra second or two to write "Help: FX Loops" instead of "need help..." or some other vague title. Generally if you put a little bit of thought into your title, you'll get a lot more response. A lot of people see "help me" threads constantly in here, and just ignore them. In fact, if you search "help me" nothing even comes up, because the search engine doesn't even consider help or me specific enough. So, if you are searching the forums for a simple issue that somebody's already posted about, you wont even necessarily find it. However, if you say "Need help: Delay Pedals" or something similar to that, anybody who's interested in pedals, or happens to know something about delays particularly will probably take a quick look, and other people will find the thread later when they have the same issue.

Not only is it easier for those of us who like to help other people with issues when reading the forums, but you'll probably get more input too, so it's really a good idea for everyone to title your threads more appropriately.

I'm not saying you have to do any of this, but it's just a suggestion for making this place a little nicer to be around.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Last edited by Revalk at Mar 13, 2007,
Thats what the hover over is for.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Threads about delay pedals and tube amps go in the GG&A forum.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
True that, it really gets annoying
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by fronkpies
Thats what the hover over is for.
This helps, but for all the time it takes to do it right, it's much more clear, and again, the search bar issues comes up (I edited that in, so you may not have read it).
Threads about delay pedals and tube amps go in the GG&A forum.
Twas just an example. "help me" threads aren't always in the Pit I guess.
who died and made you a mod? this isn't your place buddy.
It's just my opinion on how things could be better laid out in the forums. I'm not saying you have to listen to me...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

its nice ro see someone other than a mod trying to get some sense around here

revalk

sd0
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Go to Site Suggestions and propose it as a new rule then. Nobody in the Pit will listen to you.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Go to Site Suggestions and propose it as a new rule then. Nobody in the Pit will listen to you.

Sorry mate, but the daisy of the dink is correct

i mean theres people like myself, and nelsean and dink probly as well as a few others...but for the most part your just askin for a flamin.

im surprised theres only been one ass so far to post
Quote by FeatherBreeze
Sorry mate, but the daisy of the dink is correct

i mean theres people like myself, and nelsean and dink probly as well as a few others...but for the most part your just askin for a flamin.

im surprised theres only been one ass so far to post
Well, I can realistically see it being enforced as a full-fledged rule, so I didn't bother.

If say 10 people read this and change, I'll be happy even if I get flamed a dozen times for it.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

I agree with you there are so many ambiguous threads kicking about it's untrue. To a certain extent I agree with Fronk about the hover but some of the things are just stupid. I remember on guy put "Ozzy's dead" so I naturally clicked then read "K sorry bout that but I need some help with......" now needless to say he got flamed but even so it's so damn annoying.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by future rock god
who died and made you a mod? this isn't your place buddy.

Shut up. I can't belive this was posted by someone who's here for almost a year.

Revalk, +1
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I would seriously become a hooker just to own one of these.

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
wow, people are being nice and open minded

and defending the threadstarter, *looks around* this is the pit, right?
Quote by FeatherBreeze
wow, people are being nice and open minded

and defending the threadstarter, *looks around* this is the pit, right?

no your in..... ummmm...... le piit

yeh that'll work
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.