Hey

I currently have a Squier Stratocaster, which i really like playing, but now my band's started gigging i need something that sounds... err... better.

I was thinking of getting a fender strat, but then i found out about the Fender Toronado GT HH. I have looked around on UG for reviews etc... and other threads about it, but I was just wondering if anyone had any more info about it. I can't find one to play near where I live, so I can't try it out, so if anyone knows where i could get my hands on one to try it out near coventry in england that would be cool.

Also I've heard that Fender have taken this guitar out of production, and i can't seem to find it on their website, so does anyone know about that?

And if you could recommend me a guitar to have a go with which might suit my style (basically rock, well, you can hear some of my band's not-so-good demos here to see what kind of music i play www.myspace.com/eighthourswasted), then that would be awesome.

I know its all about personal preference and stuff but any help would be good.

So, cheers

PS. I play through a Vox AD50VT and I've been playing since i was 7, so about 7-8 years, but I only really started playing properly about 3-4 years ago.
if everything had a point you'd have to be really careful of pointy things
There alright guitars, i never really liked them but they played nice, and the humbuckers sounded pretty nice, but the body was way to weird for me. I checked ebay about 10 min. ago and saw they were going for around $300 for a mexican (i think they were mexican) and americans going for around $650.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

yeah, they're seamour duncans (sp.) aren't they (the humbuckers)? I like the weird body shape personally, but i don't want to buy it just based on the looks, you know... thats why i really want to get my hands on one to play
It's really nice, and the body shape is cool. I don't really like the stripe, but it's definitely a quality guitar.

BTW, your band sounds good, but do you have any vocals?
yeah, i sing in my band, theres two songs on there with vocals but they are god awful. i actually learned how to sing since i recorded those, and i'm much better now (i hope).

As for the stripe, i like it, but its just preference.
Quote by mentaldonkey182
I was thinking of getting a fender strat, but then i found out about the Fender Toronado GT HH. I have looked around on UG for reviews etc... and other threads about it, but I was just wondering if anyone had any more info about it. I can't find one to play near where I live, so I can't try it out, so if anyone knows where i could get my hands on one to try it out near coventry in england that would be cool.

Most of what I've read about Toronados says they fall somewhere between Fenders and Gibsons in terms of how they play, you're right though, it'd be a damn good idea to try one out first, or at least get hold of some sound clips.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I heard that too. I'm really into getting this guitar, but i'm sceptical about buying online...
Quote by SublimeGuitar
There alright guitars, i never really liked them but they played nice, and the humbuckers sounded pretty nice, but the body was way to weird for me. I checked ebay about 10 min. ago and saw they were going for around $300 for a mexican (i think they were mexican) and americans going for around $650.

i've seen a mexican brand new for $650

i'm not a fan of it's tone, but the humbuckers are decent and the body is a little weird, it's better for rock than a strat