I have this bottle of string conditioner,Dunlop one to be precise,and I was wondering if i can use it for my fretboard too.I mean,the local music shop has ran outta stocks for fretboard conditioner,and i thought maybe I can use the string conditioner for my fretboard.So,is it possible?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
is it a maple or rosewood board?

and what's the ingredients on the bottle? any oil?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i wouldnt. that looks like fast fret.

not harmful to fretboards, but not a board conditioner.

luckily u only need to condition your board a couple times a year. so im sure ull come across some lemon oil before it's too late.

in the meantime feel free to use that product on the strings, not all over the board.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Whenever I apply that to the strings,the area around the 1st to 3rd fret of the fretboard will touch some of the polish.A little won't hurt right?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
honestly, id have to say it's fine. just wipe off the excess. this stuff is made to be put on strings while they are on the board. they wont put anything in there that's harmfull.

if anything, it'll make the board seem a little slick.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Fast Fret (GHS brand) is made with mineral oil... so if this is similar, then it might just be oil based .
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Go to a music store that sells stuff for woodwinds (clarinets, sax, oboe) and get some bore oil. You can use that to treat your fretboard, works great. I use Fret Doctor and it's essentially bore oil.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.