Page 1 of 3
As you may know, the MPA is going around shutting down other tab sites. What if they close down UG too?
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Then we will all have to discover what life is like outside of our parent's basesment.
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
They can't UG is based out of Russia.
Quote by nic_2090
What ever happened to sticks and stones....?

Quote by Maet
The Niggers took them all to build their crappy huts in africa and Detroit...

Too much?
They won't.

But if UG did close, I'd cry
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by La Qotsa
In Soviet Russia, UG closes YOU.

If I had space and/or could be bothered, I'd sig that.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
They can't, UG is based in russia (what? One more people saying that won't hurt)

If US start pressuring russia into doing the same thing there might be problem, but until then...

Vodka-party!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by La Qotsa

lol

Quote by alliwant
If I had space and/or could be bothered, I'd sig that.

Sig me sig me sig me!!
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
In Soviet Russia, Russia is based in UG!
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
im fucked then
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by La Qotsa
Sig me sig me sig me!!

La Qosta wins the day! There you go matey.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Just a note to people;

I'm quite sure there was an article a while ago (though everyone completely ignored it and still says "wtf lol RUSSIA man we cnt close") saying that they're trying to stop the whole foreign server thing, with Russia being one of the main ones (I suppose with UG being, probably the biggest tab site and one of very few left - it's all a conspiracy against UG ).

UG paying royalties is where it's at
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

yea russians are cool like that. plus this has been going on for over a year now, if they wanted to get UG they'd done it by now.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by alliwant
La Qosta wins the day! There you go matey.

Yay
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I think lots of people including me will have to go to a recovery-clinic to completely recover from this addiction
Quote by La Qotsa

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

your good, i like u!

what d **** is wrong wit places like UG?it just gives ppl like us a helping hand in tryin to learn and share interpretations of our favorite songs. if this is illegal , then bands should stop writing songs , right this minute!! by learning Hendrix songs , frusciante developed the style he is now known for. numerous bands played d same way as johnny ramoone. and how many people sit in their rooms for hours tryin to learn master of puppets , or stairway? these ppl are the guitarists of the future, from the past.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
Last edited by Eddy Hitler at Mar 13, 2007,
it would suck if they closed ug, would be like being in the fotb for the rest of your life
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by YourMessiah666
I'd probly kill myself if they closed down UG

You've been here less than a month and you've got that kind of dedication?

Good god dude, go outside.
Dickless.
Quote by rockergirl1122
I don't get the whole soviet russia thing,
explanation?

I should probably get it because I have Russian ancestry but, meh.

Yakov Smirnoff, a comedian from the 80s he made bad America and Russia jokes, e.g.

In America your money is green,

In Soviet Russia we have no money
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
UG closes.
</mylife>

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by YourMessiah666
I'd probly kill myself if they closed down UG
Little extreme, don't you think?

Zappp's posted about this a few times, but despite being in Russia, they also pay some royalties to the various artists. For the time being, there's really nothing to fear.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by The Spoon
Then my guitar skills will probably start improving

^^ Haha

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck. I only go on here when I'm bored or want a tab. If this site closing down would do anything other than inconvenience you when you want a tab, then GET A LIFE!

UG is simply the last tab site. I used to use other ones but then they all closed.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
^^ Haha

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck. I only go on here when I'm bored or want a tab. If this site closing down would do anything other than inconvenience you when you want a tab, then GET A LIFE!

UG is simply the last tab site. I used to use other ones but then they all closed.

I'm afraid, compared to the "other" tab sites...UG is NOT simply just a "tab site"
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
They would probablly just close the tab part anyway. Which would suck so much because I must have 1000 trees in my room in paper form. But at least the forums would still be here...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by break-me-in
^^ Haha

UG is not 'the last tab site'

It was the best even when the others were around
If UG was closed, i'd get 100% in every exam and piece of coursework completed and i'm dead serious.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

1) who are the MPA and
2)why would they shut us down?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
1) who are the MPA and
2)why would they shut us down?

The Music Publishers Association. They think putting tabs on the internet for free violates copyright laws. As said before though, UG is fine [/Thread]
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
we´ll just have to start another UG then?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
The Emo's would have nowhere to ask for guidence in their teenage pregnancys due to oral sex. My favourite being "i fingered my GF is she preg"

Nothing really, I would probably spend a bit less time on the net and not have as many cool ideas for custom builds.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Mar 13, 2007,
Page 1 of 3