Is it worth the extra £100? above the normal epiphone valve junior, also Is the Epiphone VALVE JUNIOR head worth it? which will give me a good low gain sound?
Asking as I want a good practise amp which will last me a long time, but ive never used a guitar amp before so I won't really know what im looking for.(Always used bass amps before)

Thanks
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
If you like the sound, go for it.
The Valve Jr'll need a cab aswell, just to let you know.

I'm considering getting one too.... (Valve Jr that is)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P

Same here; I'd like to play in stereo.
How much will a reasonable cab set me back? also will the head +cab give me a better sound than a combo?
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
I was thinking, Valve Jr head and cab would be nice for Uni, then I could get a Tiny Terror too.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
I was thinking, Valve Jr head and cab would be nice for Uni, then I could get a Tiny Terror too.

Get a Champ, too.
*Head explodes due to unforseen amounts of GAS*
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
*Head explodes due to unforseen amounts of GAS*

Don't worry...that happens to me all the time.

Quote by R_H_C_P

i thought you hated 'em?

they're great for low gain, by the way. EDIT: i haven't tried the special. from what i hear, the junior sounds more "raw", i'm not sure either is "better", more it depends what you want it for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?