Well I'm finally getting tired of the acoustic, even though I really haven't learned much, but I just really want the electric sound, and I've had my acoustic for a year now, even though I haven't been practicing and trying to learn till recently. Now I want to purchase a new guitar this summer after working for a few weeks. The price range I'm going for is up to $300 or maybe even $400, but thats including the amp as well.

Now the sound I really enjoy is stuff like, Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is the main sound I'd wanna go for cause I just love their stuff. Then I'm also a fan of Jimi, The Strokes, The White Stripes, Rolling Stones, John Frusciante's solo stuff, and yeah you get the point.

So what would be a good combination of guitar and amp for up to 300-400 bucks?
I'd go with a MIM Strat and something like a VOX AD30VT
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Emergency?
any strat would do

You could get a squier starter pack for like $200 but you get a sucky guitar and a sucky amp. If you're serious about switching to electric you're better off starting with half decent gear
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I'd go with a MIM Strat and something like a VOX AD30VT
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
You could get a squier starter pack for like $200 but you get a sucky guitar and a sucky amp. If you're serious about switching to electric you're better off starting with half decent gear
Agree and agree.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i'd say strat too. tele for the stones, but the rest are more or less strat, and you should be able to get close enough with the strat (for the stones).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that guitar is an excellent choice.
amps are more tricky.. I can't think of anything that'd be good for you other than the Vox
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
you could always just get a cheap practice amp to start with and upgrade at a later date.
I've never heard that amp myself. Your best bet is to go down to the music store and try a few out and see what you like best.
Definitely a strat, you won't go far wrong with it. The DA15 the big brother to the DA5, Vox's Microcube equivalent, not used one but the Microcube is a great little amp ,however the Vox is probably more suited to your kind of styles. It won't be that loud but it's a massive step up in sound quality from the usual 15 watt amp you get in starter packs. It'll do an excellent job until you save a bit more.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 14, 2007,
if ur JUST starting, u might try a little dean thats about 150 bucks, and work ur way up to a good strat
This isn't as mainstream as most suggestions you'll get, but I play a lot of the same and I have a Cort G254, and I absolutely love it. It's in your price range, and very decent quality for what you pay. If you can (I don't think they're in production any more), they've got these orange-y coloured ones with a very cool finish. Other wise, they have some pretty nice maroon and black ones. Google Cort Guitars and look it up (It's a G-Series). I've played mine 4-5 years already, and still love it.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride