I was contemplating hopping the pond (Im in America) for the Download Festival this year, untill I realized that the exchange rate is unbe-effing-leavable... IF anyone knows (I realize this is UG), is it REALLY 2 dollars to a pound? that would make the experience cost like 2500 Dollars, and that would make me sad
yep its basically 2 to a pound near enough. 'hopping the pond'? what a stupid phrase (sorry but it really is).
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Its not our fault your currency sucks.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
yep.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
That's because the GBP is lovely, and we don't want your dirty USDs over here.

But yeah, that's about it. I think just 56p will buy me a whole dollar. Do you want to buy some from me?
Quote by lukef
Its not our fault your currency sucks.

Lmao, GBP ftw
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Unlucky, just makes it great for us brits when we come over to america, everything seems so cheap
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
download is a rip anyway.

im going to wacken. £40...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
isn't download like £140?
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

the exchange rate is about 1.98 so sorry man, but you are screwed
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Yes, and that's because dollars are actually manufactured from radioactive waste, whereas all of our British currency is made of chocolate and LSD.

Download sucks anyway man. America actually get (mostly) better gigs/festivals. All we've got is Reading, Glastonbury and Ozzfest (haha).
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The pound is a very strong currency. It wouldn't suprise me if was actually $2 to £1. On second thoughts, quick xe.com shows that, the foreign exchange is actually

£1 = $1.93016USD

So, yeah. Your dollars suck
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

see, American's do not dominate everything, the British pound is superior!!!

besides, download will suck this year with MCR and Linkin Park headlining, just go on the sunday and watch maiden, it'll save money.
yup it is.

but as of today, dream theater and megadeth have both been announced
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

So if an American millionaire moves to England he's just a rich ****?
Quote by Sabu
So if an American millionaire moves to England he's just a rich ****?

if an American millionaire moves to England he's just fucked. Yob culture and all that.
Quote by magnus_maximus
MCR will likely die, anyway. I mean, if a joke band like Bad News get bottled, imagine what'll happen to a joke of a band like MCR?

But they wont. Because all the "alternative" kids will go to see them.

Frankly, I think the lineup sucks. Im going to Wakestock with about half of the 6th Form from my school
but, the thing is, the idea of the exchange rate is to make you have an equivalent amount of money, so i dont see what the problem is?
Quote by dazzler16
Screw Download Electric Picnic is much better!!!! Or even Oxegen. They are in Ireland too so Euros it will probably cost you less.

Oxygen looks absolutely ****ing amazing this year. Unfortunately, it coincides with my work experience week

Edit to daytripper: Do you not understand how exchange rates work? The USD is extremely weak atm.
Download is a total ripoff! You pay £140 to see about 4 good bands.
A few years back I saw Mastodon, Hatebreed, Slipknot and Slayer in Cardiff for £28!
Gigs>Festivals
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by umop-3p!sdn

Edit to daytripper: Do you not understand how exchange rates work? The USD is extremely weak atm.

what im saying is that the prices are still basically the same. if you spend £1 over there for something, you would spend about $2 here. you arent spending more money.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Wow! What was that, Unholy Alliance or something?

No but I went to that as well. That was Lamb of God, Slayer, Children of Bodom and In Flames. I'd much rather pay to see all bands I like in one night then 3 days of mostly sh!t bands and only a couple of good ones.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by daytripper75
what im saying is that the prices are still basically the same. if you spend £1 over there for something, you would spend about $2 here. you arent spending more money.

No, its still absolutely murder exchanging from USD to GBP. You get so much more for your money converting the other way.

The US economy sucks ass.
If you're going to a festival I believe the correct choice would be Blastonbury. AXCX!!
Quote by daytripper75

the prices arent really the same though. something thats 5 dollars in america is usually about 5 pounds here.

i could have got my guitar from america and imported it for 110 dollars and still saved 50 quid.

too bad i found that out after it came lol.

and yea, go to wacken. the euro is slightly cheaper as well.
The crap exchange rate for you americans makes things amazingly cheap for brits when they visit America.
Trust in me and fall aswell.