K so basicly I have a Marshall Dsl 401 and I've been hearing that on some tube amps you can lower the wattage on the amp therefore having less headroom and being able to get that cranked sound at a lower volume. So my amp this this switch at the back tha says 40 rms into 8 or 16 and then theres a switch that lets you select one.
Is this the switch people are talking about?

O and im also looking to get one of those little fans to cool the amp you know the ones the bus drivers have usually those little tiny cheap fans, and i cant seem to find one anywhere...weird...so can anyone tell me where i can probobly get one. I live in Toronto in the North york region by the way.

Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

no, that is not the switch. they have to be built with one in them. if you want that cranked sound you need to get an attenuator, and those run a few hundred dollars. and you dont need one of those fans unless you plan on playing in 100 degree weather in the sun.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
That switch is for output impedance, which is not related to wattage. I don't think there's anything you can do besides buying an attenuator.
i wasnt planning on getting an attenuator or anything i was just asking...then what is output impedance? And i do need one of those fans because Dsl 401's are known to get hot. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THOSE DAMN LITTLE FANS?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Quote by ibanlezbians
i wasnt planning on getting an attenuator or anything i was just asking...then what is output impedance? And i do need one of those fans because Dsl 401's are known to get hot. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THOSE DAMN LITTLE FANS?

Just get a computer fan. You'll definitely need to modify it so it can be plugged in a normal power socket; or you might even be able to power it off the tube heaters in the amp itself (the voltage seems a bit low for a fan, though).
no but see im not really one of those modding type people like i know if i try to mod my am in anyway I WILL **** something up. So the best thing i could probobly do is buy one of those cheap little fans. thanks for the help though.

So does anyone know where i can buy one. damn i hate those little fans.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Just try a computer shop. Ask if sell anything to connect those normal 80mm fans into a normal power socket.
ok and then can they somehow clip onto the back of my amp?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

Quote by ibanlezbians
ok and then can they somehow clip onto the back of my amp?

I don't know..make something up! I doubt they'll have something that will work for your situation anyway.