Is there a scale that metal solo's ussually follow?
like im quite new to lead so im trying to grasp the theory behind how to compse solo's
now i understand with blues its mostly just the blues scale in the key your jammin in.
is there a setup like that for metal?
well it depends... what kinda metal
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
just ****in free hand it man play really fast and just play around with it 'till it sounds cool, thats what i do
\m/
Quote by WoW guitarist
just ****in free hand it man play really fast and just play around with it 'till it sounds cool, thats what i do
\m/

lol. True metal head words.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Minor and Pentatonic scales
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
ok BGC.... post your melodic control video, i know you can't wait!!!

actually just in case he doesn't post it go to either yahoo or google videos (can't remember which one it is) and google "melodic control" which is an excellent video by ex-megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman about playing leads around chords. Generally though solos tend to stick to the key of the song or one of the modes of the scale played in the song.
Quote by WoW guitarist
\m/

o wonderful... another kerry king
Ltd Alexi 600
Clapton Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal
I love that video. I quoted him on google as a review ahahhah. "Your going to play it because i told you too" ROFL.
my mate who is inasanely good and can improv a metal solo straight away says he uses C minor for most his stuff
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia