For information on what a sestina is and how you go about writing one, look here. http://www.baymoon.com/~ariadne/form/sestina.htm

A note for that website; the words to be used for the final tercet don't need to be in any order, but there must be two per line.

I'll give you the basic points the website gives you in what a sestina is:

- A sestina consists of six stanzas, each with six lines
- the end word of each line in stanza one must be repeated in a certain order (see website)
- a shorter seventh stanza (envoi) is written after the sixth sestet and must include two of the end-words in each line, with one of the words at the end of the line. Traditionally, the first line will have the first and second words, line two has the third and fourth words [of stanza one], etc., although this isn't as strict as the sestets.
- the end words do not need to rhyme. Trying to make the words rhyme makes it all the more difficult to complete the poem. If you want a challenge, by all means make them rhyme, but it could cause mass frustration

Any more questions about sestinas then just ask here, and myself or someone else who knows sestinas will answer you. There is no limit to the number of people to take part. I'll probably stop letting people in after 24 or 48 hours, depending on the number of people joining in.

The deadline will be given to you when I get enough people. I'll probably be kind and give you about two weeks to get the pieces finished in in to me.

Good luck everyone.

1. Dæmönika
2. *TrulyNinja*
3. THW
4. SilenceEvolves
5. Jammy
6. #1 synth
7. Something_Vague

No more sign-ups.

Deadline - Monday 26th March
Last edited by Dæmönika at Mar 27, 2007,
Yeah I'll give it a shot too, I have alot of work on so I may have to drop if I dont have the time for it.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Right, I guess that's us. I'll make the deadline Monday 26th. Assuming everyone gets a sestina written, then there'll be two groups, one with four, one with three. The top two will go through from the four-man group, and the top one will go through the three-man group. Sound fair?
Dylan's has been added.

I was hungover (like a shit) yesterday which is why I never came in last night to call a halt to the proceedings, so I am going to let this run until midnight (14 hours roughly). Two people have yet to send me something (still a good turnout I reckon).
^ For the type of piece, yeah it is. Actually I think we need a whole series of these, just to get everyone writing in different styles.
yeah ok sounds good. I'm gonna set up the April fools Comp tonight. After that I'll do one for sure.