hey everyone, well i was wondering, ive been playing guitar for about a year now but i find it quite hard to sing at the same time as i play. i concentrate too much on the singing and mess up the playing, or vice versa. can anyone give me any tips in how to be focused on both at the same time or do i just need loads of practice? thanx
I been asking myself the same thing...
But i'm sure theres a bagillion threads on this.
So if you search it, you will find out.
CTHC
Singing and Playing

-Learn one of the parts really really well. In the case of us guitar players, usually the guitar part is easier to master than the vocal part.

-Once this is mastered, try singing the melody out while you play. Note difficult parts.

-Practise those difficult parts slowly. If need be, find the correct notes you are to sing, and match them on your guitar so you can get a feel for what you are aiming for.

-Often, the note you will be singing will be in the chord you are playing. Have your ear home in on that note, and let aim for that note with your voice. Remember, your voice is just another instrument.

-Be confident. You CAN sing. It’s hard at first, and humbling too, but you have the ability to sing if you can tell the difference between two sounds, and have a voice.

Some popularly suggested songs that most people would know are :

Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
Time of Your Life/Good Riddance – Greenday
Brian Wilson – Barenaked Ladies
Wonderwall - Oasis

For additional singing tips, go here :

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257298
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.