I was recently promised a cabinet, so naturally I started looking for a head, well now I am not getting the cabinet, so a head would be useless by itself. So my question is, what combo amps would you recommend for around $200 that is great for metal, but has good cleans and can do some lighter bluesier stuff as well?????
if you're looking for something really good i would suggest saving up some more money...but if you're desperate, look into a roland cube or maybe one of the new spider III's...
I would say a vox, those have good tone. but if your more into the metal side then yeah grab a roland cube
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
i love my cube 60, versatile, loud, just plan ****ing awesome
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
THis is a little bit more expensive but maybe you could get it used. I've got a CrateXT120 that i purchased for around $325. The rhythm channel is worthless but the solo channel is good.
Well, I kinda have no job, and I need an amp fast for gigging and what not, so I dont really have time to save more cash.
then you're screwed. you won't be able to get a gigging amp for that much, that doesn't sound like absolute dick.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
wait for more money and get a peavey valveking...like 400...you're not going to get anything worth a damn for 200
Quote by gpderek09
then you're screwed. you won't be able to get a gigging amp for that much, that doesn't sound like absolute dick.

^ Yup.

You might be able to find something loud and solid state used for under $200, but I doubt it'll be great at anything. Check Craig's List. There's a Fender 65 on mine for $150.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
what is it that everyone has against the Line 6 Spider III 75 modeling combo, its around 299 and is loaded with all sorts of crap. and how about the Crate FXT120, its only 299. are they bad products, cause they get great reviews from all sorts of people???????
Well, they're both solid state. That's one strike. I've never actually heard either, so I can't say about the tone. And features don't make an amp good. Hells, I've got a Valve Junior. One volume knob, great tone, nothing else. And I love it.
Quote by ntchode
what is it that everyone has against the Line 6 Spider III 75 modeling combo, its around 299 and is loaded with all sorts of crap. and how about the Crate FXT120, its only 299. are they bad products, cause they get great reviews from all sorts of people???????

that's $100 more than what the thread starter has.

a spyder sounds like dick unless you're good with an eq. but if you have any competince you cam make it sound alright.

crate fxt just plain sucks.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile