Just curious, whats the general opinion of Bob Dylan here in the pit?

Page 1 of 2
i personally love the guy
i done covers of him and everything

but seeing as how loving the pit is im really curious on its general idea of him....
wel, im not a big fan of his music, but damn it i respect the man, great songwriter and lyricist, gret morals, great messages, great influence, but its just not my cup of tea really
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
I saw him live once. Made me want to punch a baby. Every song sounded exactly the same. They go little intro solo, his jibberish for like 3 minuites, 8 minute long solo, another 3 mins of jibbereish then possibly another solo or blackout. then it comes back on with everyone in the same spot doing the same thing. FUN STUFF!!
He is awesome, his new albums great too.

I can't believe he wrote that "so you've had a bad day..." song ...

He didnt really, but if you get the joke, cool.
His lyrics are cool, but i dont like his sound. My dad went to see him, and apparently now hes all washed up and coked outta his mind. He said you almost couldnt understand a word he said. Oh well though, I got respect for him.
Did you hear the pope tried to stop him from playing because of the amount of people that consider him either 'God' or a 'Rock Prophet'!!
I love him personally though!! Amazing Lyricist!
Best poet of the '60s ad '70s.

Inside the museums infinity goes up on trial,
Voices echo "this is what salvation must be like after a while."
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Last edited by Child In Time at Mar 13, 2007,
i love him. I especially love how 90% of people don't know that he wrote All Along the Watchtower.

but hes the man, the Irishman
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Great love him, although wheni saw him it was all seating and lacked atmosphere, but still the band are very tight players.
now extra flamey
I dig him and respect him for what he's done, but I can only listen to so much before he irritates me.

And sometimes his lyrics are a bit.... off.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Doodleface
i love him. I especially love how 90% of people don't know that he wrote All Along the Watchtower.

irishman? i wish!

dylan though, hats off to him. he recorded some timeless records, and then some pretty bad ones , by his "standards" and now , modern times, great record.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
Quote by Doodleface

WTF, everyone knows that he wrote that, as well as a ton of popular songs.
Great songwriter, hate his voice and his style of playing it though.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
oaky people let me settle this debate once and for all

Robert Zimmerman is god.

the end.
I've actually just submitted a bass tab for Mr Tamborine Man by him, i love the guy.

P.S I know it originally dosent have a bass, but us bassists gotta do something while the rest of the band preform it live + it sounds better.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
i wrote a research paper on him and his influence on american popular music last year... although my dylan fandom has wanned since then. i think he was one of the most influential artists in music, mainly through lyrics as most would guess, and he is probebly one of my top 3 favorite artists of all time. does anyone else think modern times was somewhat overrated though? especially compared to Love and Theft and Time Out of Mind.i think the record was rated so highly because of his recent comeback, but i found the album to be kind of a bore with interesting ideas stretched out for much longer than they should have been. his backing band is solid though.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
i was wondering who would be the first........

I'm sorry, it's true.

Same way Jimi Hendrix is the "best guitarist"
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Dylan is the best!!
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
I really like Modern Times, great musician. Amazing lyricist.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Well Bob Dylan is not the greatest poet from the 60's and 70's he's the best poet since Twain or Poe. That said, the man's backup band used to be "The Band" the hugely famous band. Well Um Dylan is my main man. But I disagree with all the praise he's getting for his new album. I listened to the whole thing almost in tears cause he sounds like he's about to die and its all like emo lyrics and Shit its sad. If you like Hendrix you have to like Dylan cause Hendrix listened to 61 revisited and decided he didn't need to get a singer for his band and that he could sing well enough.
My Gear:
Rickenbacker 4003 midnight blue bass
Fender Rumble 100W
And a Cry baby Bass Wah 105Q
Quote by Emotaurist
Sorry, Who's Bob Dylan?

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Ric Bass 4003
Well Bob Dylan is not the greatest poet from the 60's and 70's he's the best poet since Twain or Poe. That said, the man's backup band used to be "The Band" the hugely famous band. Well Um Dylan is my main man. But I disagree with all the praise he's getting for his new album. I listened to the whole thing almost in tears cause he sounds like he's about to die and its all like emo lyrics and Shit its sad. If you like Hendrix you have to like Dylan cause Hendrix listened to 61 revisited and decided he didn't need to get a singer for his band and that he could sing well enough.

Explain your first line in clearer terms, please.

he means that dylan is not only the best poet from the 60s/70s but the best since mark twain or edgar allen poe....i think
Quote by La Qotsa
I'm sorry, it's true.

Same way Jimi Hendrix is the "best guitarist"

totally agree, but the thing about dylan is that he really is an amazing songwriter, and to this day i dont think there has been a better break up song than dont think twice
I like him. His voice is very distinct. You know it's him as soon as you hear the song.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by highway62
he means that dylan is not only the best poet from the 60s/70s but the best since mark twain or edgar allen poe....i think

+1
Quote by Emotaurist
Sorry, Who's Bob Dylan?

Only one of the 5 most influential musicians of all time, as well as one of the more influential people in general of all time.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
i know a dude who's obsessed with him. He learned harmonica and guitar cause of him and he knows like everything about him. I don't really think he's that great. The only songs I like are Hurricane and Like a Rolling Stone.. He has good lyrics but he's not a very good singer.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
i know a dude who's obsessed with him. He learned harmonica and guitar cause of him and he knows like everything about him. I don't really think he's that great. The only songs I like are Hurricane and Like a Rolling Stone.. He has good lyrics but he's not a very good singer.

i cant write or sing.........
i finally completed my collection of dylan albums. all 45 commercial releases, DAMN it took forever. but yeah, i have an infinite amount of praise for the guy, he's done everything and still stayed himself through it all.

top 5 dylan albums (no order):
bob dylan
highway 61 revisited
blonde on blonde
time out of mind
blood on the tracks

that list changes constantly, but i'll always love 61 and TooM. highlands is my favorite track by him. 16 1/2 minutes of kickass imagery and wit. score.
I will fuc
Bringing It All Back Home
Blonde on Blonde
Blood On The Tracks

Page 1 of 2