...If i were to buy blank pickguard material, would it be hard to cut it in to the shape i want without using any power tools, etc?

could i do it with a really sharp knife?
no i wouldnt be hard, all you would need is a coping saw, a lot of sand paper, and even more important, a lot of patients....
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
you could probably cut it, but wouldnt look to pretty, a router tool should work ok
Well, I wouldn't say to, hand saw maybe... but uh, would be rough,... knives push, saws rip. a knife won't work really well unless it's hot.
no i wouldnt be hard, all you would need is a coping saw, a lot of sand paper, and even more important, a lot of patients....
Yeah, making new pickguards eats through those guys like Courtney Love eats through chemical mind-"enhancers".
Quote by carousel182
what shape are you looking to get it in

well i was going to make something similar to a regular strat pickguard, but modified slightly

Well, I wouldn't say to, hand saw maybe... but uh, would be rough,... knives push, saws rip. a knife won't work really well unless it's hot.

wnat about one of those really sharp knives?

could i cut it with one of these?
It would take a very long time and turn out rubbish looking, you need a saw, sandpaper and possibly something to polish the edges with depending on the look you want.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

wnat about one of those really sharp knives?

could i cut it with one of these?

One of those won't work, if you want to use hand tools a coping saw and files are your best bet.