Me and my band have a battle of the bands competition coming up in a week. We'd like to be remembered by the audience and judges to have a bit more chance of winning. Any tips on how to make us stand out or make people remember us? something crazy......
well, assuming that you do have good original songs then you wont be remembered without stage presence. anyone can write a good song but not many people can be remembered. have fun. look like you're having fun anyway. jump off amps, act crazy. have a good time and remember that you should be doing this for fun in the first place. it's great to make money but the chances of that are slim at best.
hmmm... good songs... we never thought about THAT........ Of course we have good songs!!!! a really good band(like us) can be unmemorable

P.S. That was REALLY crazy
Quote by vjferrara
well, assuming that you do have good original songs then you wont be remembered without stage presence. anyone can write a good song but not many people can be remembered. have fun. look like you're having fun anyway. jump off amps, act crazy. have a good time and remember that you should be doing this for fun in the first place. it's great to make money but the chances of that are slim at best.

Yeah thats what I was talkin about, we talked about doin that kind of stuff, but im talkin CRAZIER
set fire to yourselves and jump into the audience.
make your singer just act completely of the wall. like dancing like a drunken leprocorn and stuff.
have fun.
just lose your minds and have fun doing it,nd they wont forget you.
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
I've never seen a Battle of Bands that wasn't rigged, so I'm going to say your best bet in winning is to make nice with the judges. This is no joke, a few months ago there was a battle of the bands at a local high school. In one of the local entertainment papers, someone did a story about the show without listing any of the bands that placed. In one sentence they said "(name of band) headlined the event....." Now if you say a band headlined a BOTB, don't you think something is fishy?

If in the unlikely case that it is fair game I'll tell you what they will look for. I was once at a "Local Legend" show with judges to see who would win. I saw the judges score sheet and they may give you a similar critique:

1. General Look (Do band members look good together or are they dressed like they just came from the gym)

2. Original Songs

3. If cover songs, how well did they play them

4. Crowd participation (big one)

5. Crowd responce

6. Stage performance

7. Professional demenars (The less time between songs, the better)

8. Musicianship (I know a few BOTB will give awards such as "Best Drummer" "Best Guitarist" etc.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.