A few words to mark the occasion..

Dissonance

I caress your neck, silky and warm, and I see
the strings between the cans: six taught, humming
wires bridge the bleak chasm between us but I fret
the tension is too much for the quivering cables
to endure, and I am sure that as I traverse,
one of them will snap, echoing our departure.
OMG! Did you break a string?!?!?! just kidding, it was kinda cool, but short, but there's nothing really wrong with that.
Run, Run Farmer. Screaming! Bloody Murder
The daughters of question have been murdered!
Murdered! Murdered!
Dissonance

I caress Present tense, eh? It's a mean feat to write a poem in present tense IMO...the immediacy of the verbs can easily contradict a poem that is reflective or memory-driven. Well let's see if you can keep it under control... your neck, silky and warm, and I see
the strings between the cans: six taught I think you mean 'taut', humming
wires bridge the bleak chasm between us but I fret LOL nice pun.
the tension is too much for the quivering cables Love this enjambment.
to endure, and I am sure that as I traverse,I don't like 'traverse' without an object. Would 'traverse them' ruin it for you?
one of them will snap, echoing our departure.Departure is sort of too vague a noun IMO.

Overall I'm impressed, I like the double meaning you put in there with the guitar. I'm getting that the guitar is playing the role of communication in your relationship like a can on a string for a six-year-old would...but you fear that it's too facile and insubstantial a medium, and that it may soon lose its potency. I had a few quibbles with your word choices and whatnot but over all this was clever and heartfelt. Nicely done. I think you held up the present tense nicely since it all had to do with the confusion and doubt in a specific moment.

Check mine? It's down yonder, and it has an arrow next to it.
nice explanation truly!! you analyzed it a lot better than I could have. You're absolutely right on more than one point. I'll fix it up a bit. : )
Dissonance

I caress your neck, silky and warm, and I see
No problems here.
the strings between the cans: six taught, humming
Isn't it "taut"? humming is meh for me, I would like to see you expand on the vibrations and sound.
wires bridge the bleak chasm between us but I fret
Nice pun hehe. Not a fan of "bleak" here, imo this was a poor word choice. I think the last line needs a comma? Or some sort of punctuation.
the tension is too much for the quivering cables
to endure, and I am sure that as I traverse,
one of them will snap, echoing our departure.
Nice, though I would like to see this end expanded and a bit more detailed, just seems to... unfocused imo. Also I thin kthi might need breakin gup abit, I thin in this piece you need at least one full stop; maybe htink about splitting into 2 stanzas?

Nice little piece Edgat. Keep on rollin
I loved the world play throughout. "I fret" made my chuckle. My only complaint is that I think it could be longer. What you have here is very good, but I'm not sure that the picture it paints is completed yet. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would love to see a second stanza of this. Good work.

Links in the sig if you get a chance.

Rock On
Newest Lyrics:
[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727775[/url"]Pattern Recognition

Short Stories:
Anniversary