no, not another pedal thread

i was playing my AXS32 with Angus's settings, and i turned the gain to 1 1/2, and it was still distorted like sh!t. i think the pickups are the problem. do you know if thats possibly the problem? also, at high gain distortion, instead of being sharp and crisp, its all muddy and gross. any suggestions for CHEAP! pickups with bite? (im talking GFS). thanks guys!
finally, you're changing pups! are you looking for single coils to go with your strat or humbuckers?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
1 humbucker, for my ibanez.

the strat will probably be getting uno hot noiseless for the bridge.
maybe look into seymour duncan alnico II's? any SD's would nail your tone well.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
ill check it out

the blues junior boosted with my TS808 kicks ass.

im glad i stopped playing mcr.

EDIT: gah! thats too much.

itll take $65 for the installation. then i need to get one for my Squier, and a hot noiseless for my strat.

$65 + 15 + 15 + 50 + 99 + 99 = omg a lot. i cant do that much. im saving for my cab, and i decided not to buy anymore pedals yet.
Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 13, 2007,
send it to me and ill install all of it for 10 bucks
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Well you could install it yourself. Got a soldering iron?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by auranos
Well you could install it yourself. Got a soldering iron?

again (being my parents) if i open any of my gear they flip.

i cant buy off ebay, i cant sell off ebay, and i cant send anything to anyone.
well anyway, what are two bridge pickups that would be cheap ($40 cheap) and have high enough gain for some heavy ac/dc?
Quote by Arlabester
well anyway, what are two bridge pickups that would be cheap ($40 cheap) and have high enough gain for some heavy ac/dc?

Is your primary source of income your guitar playing? If not, just save up for the pickups you really want. No need to obsess over nailing a tone.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by auranos
Is your primary source of income your guitar playing? If not, just save up for the pickups you really want. No need to obsess over nailing a tone.

uh no.

saving up takes a long time for me.

and im still saving for my cab.
Quote by Arlabester
uh no.

saving up takes a long time for me.

and im still saving for my cab.

Yes, saving up takes time. Just like learning a song or anything else worth doing. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.
Quote by John Mayer

UG 83
Quote by Arlabester
i cant.

my parents wont let me do anything.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? The fascist-ness of your parents is pretty bad if you're over fifteen.
Quote by mr_hankey
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? The fascist-ness of your parents is pretty bad if you're over fifteen.

im 13.

^^thats a good point.

what sd humbuckers would work well for AC/DC, metal style?

also, should i just get a hot noiseless or a nicer noiseless sc? i just want a sc, no rail or stacks.

thanks!
heres something i find really works for getting around parents. make a big show of researching a topic (pickups and soldering in this case) and they will be more likely to let you do what you want. $65 is a quite a bit for installation. if you show your parents that you are willing to learn about the pickups, how they work, and how to correctly solder them in place, they may change thier mind. you save quite a bit of money that way, which can go towards nicer pickups. either that or save up a bit more, you dont want to be stuck with pickups that arent quite what you want.
i hear good things about high order pickups, but have never been able to try them... they're pretty cheap, and handmade.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just try it yourself, its not the end of the world if it goes wrong, just resolder. and $65 is a SHITLOAD!! You could buy another damn pup for the price of installation.. But I say attempt it yourself man!