Really, I have looked at the laney lc30, the peavey valveking, and now someone suggested a laney gh50 with a small cab, it wouldn't cost much more but would be a bit louder I assume. But I really don't know
The GH50's sound absolutly amazing! That or a VC30 (cheaper but still flawless tone).
However, you may not be looking for a British tone. What are some of your favorite bands?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
peavey windsor if you can get a cheap enough cab. doubtful, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There IS something better....

A used JCM 800 combo!

I'm pretty sure all of those bands you mentioned have used one at some point. Throw an OD pedal up front and you'll be in high gain territory too.

It's pretty much THE amp for those tones
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
They are getting harder to find, I'll admit that. When I bought mine (a few years ago), the shop had the combo I bought, and a few heads. There have been very few, if any 800's in since..

Ebay is a good bet though, if you're willing to do that. The DSL isn't a bad amp, I just prefer the warmth of a JCM.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff