Now i know diablo is like 11 years old....but honestly....lets just imagine for a moment....

this is a simple question for WoW players who were previously Diablo2 players

If blizzard released Diablo 3, would you switch from WoW to diablo....or would you stay loyal to WoW?
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
I bought Diablo II recently

and to me all it is:

Click on the monsters and they die
Upgrade your weapons and armour

repeat

theres no challenge to it, well i havent came across anything overly great so far.
Quote by str84ever

and to me all it is:

** Upgrade spells, attacks and character abilities

That's the premise of any MMORPG. While they may all may have differences in the way they're executed, they're inherently the same. You've played one, you've played 'em all.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 13, 2007,
How about you get lives instead?
Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.

Quote by La Qotsa
In Soviet Russia, UG closes YOU.
Quote by Jackolas
I vote Runescape.

doh! I wasted a year on that stupid game
signature
Quote by TheOneManWonder
How about you get lives instead?

And what does having a life consist of, exactly?

I've played MMORPGs before, but I can't say I enjoy them very much. Still, there are 8,000,000+ subscribers of World of Warcraft, and countless numbers of other MMO gamers and I'm sure most of them still have healthy social lives, careers and relationships. Do they all need to acquire these "lives" you speak of? If this thread was about an online FPS or sports games, you wouldn't comment. However, because it is about a game with heavy fantasy elements you feel the need to mock them. It's idiotic.

You don't need to "get a life" if you play video games, as video games are already part of many people's lives. If you don't play video games, that's your prerogative, but don't discourage people who do away from perusing an enjoyable past-time.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Bullet-Rule

If you enjoyed it (I doubt it?) then its not a waste.

Do you still play?
imagine if blizzard made WOS...World of Starcraft. i think that would explode because there are a lot of people still waiting for Starcraft 2. combining WoW with Starcraft would be amazing, IMO.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
it would be better if you didnt have to pay
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by str84ever

and to me all it is:

repeat

theres no challenge to it, well i havent came across anything overly great so far.

there are challenges. you are not far enough along.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by Bullet-Rule

i wasted 6...
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by Smokey Amp
And what does having a life consist of, exactly?

I've played MMORPGs before, but I can't say I enjoy them very much. Still, there are 8,000,000+ subscribers of World of Warcraft, and countless numbers of other MMO gamers and I'm sure most of them still have healthy social lives, careers and relationships. Do they all need to acquire these "lives" you speak of? If this thread was about an online FPS or sports games, you wouldn't comment. However, because it is about a game with heavy fantasy elements you feel the need to mock them. It's idiotic.

You don't need to "get a life" if you play video games, as video games are already part of many people's lives. If you don't play video games, that's your prerogative, but don't discourage people who do away from perusing an enjoyable past-time.

+ Lots

And Diablo (Including Diablo 2 and LoD) is way better than WoW, in my opinion.
If Interplay ever gets around to Fallout 3 (they've been promising for like five years), I may have to quit my job...
Death to Ovation haters!
Both Diablos then, now and forever.

/thread
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Diablo 2=free
WoW=not free
If you can deal with all the douchebags on D2, go for it.

Still...
STARCRAFT>any other game
If you disagree with me, you my friend, are wrong.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by str84ever

and to me all it is:

repeat

Solo baalrun in 8 player game in hell and you'll come across pretty tough stuff.
Diablo > WoW, haven't played WoW and been playing Diablo for about 10 years.

I agree with the one above me Starcraft > all.
Original Diablo was cool, just cause of the mass hacks and dupes and nobody caring about it. Diablo 2 i enjoyed but it gets boring for me quick... just click and click some more. I played WoW once, hated it. Bleh, too complicated.

DoD > All
Starcraft will and always will make me cream my pants at random moments...and im proud of it.

o yeh and Diablo is alot funner IMO then WoW if you have battlenet
Quote by cappucino108
Quote by lobster624
imagine if blizzard made WOS...World of Starcraft. i think that would explode because there are a lot of people still waiting for Starcraft 2. combining WoW with Starcraft would be amazing, IMO.

=My friend and I were just discussing that!
But, a WoS would be better, only because StarCraft is one of the greatest video games ever invented or though of.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by lobster624

That would be stupid though. I mean, how do you justify millions of characters wandering around doing quests in that sort of setting? Not to mention the fact that it's strictly a warzone and there isn't exactly much room for adventure.

If anything, the SC franchise should develop into an MMORTS.
umm...
neither?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Bullet-Rule

I'm still wasting time on that game. But I can't stop...
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Diablo ftw
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by PatchworkMan
If Interplay ever gets around to Fallout 3 (they've been promising for like five years), I may have to quit my job...

It's being handled by Bethesda, on a modified version of the Oblivion engine, and it looks sick (there was a GI special on it several months ago). Never played Fallout before but I was quite excited for it after I read the article.

Anybody know when it's due out?
WoW is an MMORPG while Diablo was a mulitplayer RPG. Huge difference. Can't compare between them.
But Diablo actually had a point and was fun, so I call on Diablo.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Bah, Diablo's boring and WoW is equally boring and EXTREMELY redundant and overrated. I played WoW for six months and cancelled the subscription due to a daft online community and poor gameplay with unimaginative spells and graphics.

I'll go with The Witcher.