This is a fun, anthemy, very pop...not really my thing, but I thought i'd give it a go and see how catchy I could get a song.

I am very happy with the results. I wrote about a good friend of mine by the name of Charlie and called the song Charlie Farley.

So can you give me your personal opinion? I really tryed hard to get this song up to scratch, 4 different guitars were used not including bass, and the mix sounds nice and full yet uncluttered. Thx alot

C4C obviously!! thx folks keep it real

http://www.myspace.com/ratboiradio - it should play automatically!!
Orophin
agree, very good quality and i think that is a very catchy song. If you mind, please write down everything you used to record it, such as hardware, software and some mixing tips.
it sounds like the drums are real, is it so?
I'll do that...soon enough dude. All instruments are real. Just get a Rode N1NA mic, mixin desk and a good soundcard. Thx for looking.
Orophin
Good for a small band recording, for an american like me, the accent it a little thick to understand some things, but i'm sure the lyrics are okay. The licks are a little cliched, but as we all know, there is nothing new under the sun. The drummer slows down a little toward the beginning in the fills, but nothing too obvious.

A good song, but it's much more rock/blues-ish than punk. I would advertise it more like that.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
so did you record your guitar with a rode mic? or did you lined it with the soundcard.
I have a toneport and a Shure sm57.
so the drums are recorded in a studio?

Are the N1NA a dynamic mic?
Hahahha, your accent is too much for me.

But onto the song, I think the quality is very good, I think the left channel sounds a little thin when you go into the accoustic part, maybe double that arpeggiation part.

The verse is something I've heard a trillion times but the bridge and chorus are much better.

I think the repeating of "Charlie Farley" near the end needs to go way down in the mix.

I don't like the ending either, I think such a poppy song should resolve on the root.

I think that sounded too harsh though, for the most part it's a really good song and recording job but I was just looking for things you can improve on, but I do want to end this by saying that you did do a good job.

Crit mine please?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541115
Quote by Errx
so did you record your guitar with a rode mic? or did you lined it with the soundcard.
I have a toneport and a Shure sm57.
so the drums are recorded in a studio?

Are the N1NA a dynamic mic?

drums are recorded with some gatt audio drum mics i got from ebay pretty cheap in the same room as the other instruments... i have a rode mic yes. nothing is lined in directly. Everything is miked up.
Orophin
Well done on the mix, it has a real edge, I think due to the drums. As for the song, it's good and catchy but not my thing as I find it annoying, especially the vocals. Sounds a lot like the Clash. The Acoustic bit sounds a little out of place but it's good still.

Well-done, and well-mixed. Thanks for the crit.