i started listening to metal about 1 yr ago and love the music. i've been listening to lots of bands but my faves have to be Megadeth, Metallica and Pantera. I want to know is there any other bands out there that are similar to them cos i want to listen to different bands and not just the 3 i mentioned. Any suggestions?
(I'm not too fond of heavy vocals)
Devil driver is good
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474076

There's an official thread for this.

Read the first post to find some good bands, or alternatively post and ask for recommendations.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Check out Exodus (Kirk played with them for a year and a half I think) and Anthrax, you might like 'em
Iron Maiden don't have a thrash sound like the bands you listen to but they don't have heavy vocals and I didn't like heavy vocals at first but now my favourite band Is Children Of Bodom who use heavy vocals.
yeah i've been listening to Iron Maiden and COB both really good. Any other suggestions welcome
Opeth, my man. Opeth.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Listen to Death. Chuck will change your life forever!

Get Symbolic, Individual Thought Patterns, and Sound of Perseverence. Although those are the ones I have (them and "Human"), they are amazing.

Not the best band in my opinion but still great, Slayer. Songs aren't as well composed as Death's, but they definitely blow Metallica and Megadeth out of the water.

Corrosion of Conformity.
Anthrax.
Strapping Young Lad.
Quote by Adamus9
Devil driver is good

LOL...*pause*...oh god, you're serious

anyways, definatly check out testament. i just found my "signs of chaos" cd in my truck. they're one of the most underated thrash bands ever
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Peace Sells
Iron Maiden don't have a thrash sound like the bands you listen to but they don't have heavy vocals and I didn't like heavy vocals at first but now my favourite band Is Children Of Bodom who use heavy vocals.

WTF??? did anyone else understand this?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Listen to Nevermore, Legion of the Damned, Kreator, Atheist, Voivod, Iced Earth, Death, Vader, Opeth, Testament not all are trash metal obviously, but they're good bands to check out.