What real advantages does the Ibanez Universe have over the regular RG1527 that would warrant me shelling out the extra $1300 for a Universe?

And while I'm here, how about:

Schecter C-7 vs. RG1527?

Any recommendations?
i think the universe pickups are better, alder body, looks different and thats about it. O the trem might be different too.

if you can, get a carvin dc727 or 747. i ordered one a while ago and should be getting it in april. its way less expensive than the universe and depending on the features you want, under $1000.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I believe the Universe and the RG both are made of basswood, and have the same trem. In fact, the only difference I can see is the pickups. That's why I don't understand the price difference.

As far as the Carvin goes, I prefer to stick with the big brands like Ibanez that I'm comfortable with, that way if I need to replace parts later it will be easier than with the obscure brand. (At least I think it would be......)
Quote by fimbulwinter

As far as the Carvin goes, I prefer to stick with the big brands like Ibanez that I'm comfortable with, that way if I need to replace parts later it will be easier than with the obscure brand.

actually its the oppisite
from what i hear getting replacement ibanez parts is like getting a replacement kidney
carvin parts are all sold at their website
ALL the parts u need to build a guitar from scratch
and all carvin products are made to fender specificatinos
so if you really want to put some fender parts in it but carvin is MUCH better quality
Well, which universe are you talking about? Depends on the year make, the trems may be different and the frets are different too. Most universe uses Dunlop 6140 and there are some that uses large frets as opposed to the Prestige which strictly uses jumbos.

Cept for the pickup/cosmetics, there really arent much different. Remember that for the universe, you're paying more coz of Vai's name.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by kanamvar32
i think the universe pickups are better, alder body, looks different and thats about it. O the trem might be different too.

if you can, get a carvin dc727 or 747. i ordered one a while ago and should be getting it in april. its way less expensive than the universe and depending on the features you want, under $1000.

+1.

I'm definitley getting a Carvin made for my next guitar.
Dickless.
Correct me if i'm wrong but dont the universes use american basswood while the prestige rgs use asian basswood (still good quality stuff tho).
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by fimbulwinter
As far as the Carvin goes, I prefer to stick with the big brands like Ibanez that I'm comfortable with, that way if I need to replace parts later it will be easier than with the obscure brand. (At least I think it would be......)

You're a prick and have no clue what your talking about.

I'll bet you were raised by wealthy parents and you don't appreciate anything.
Yeah, the Universe is a bit overpriced, but when I played one at my local GC, I fell in love with it instantly. Is it worth all the money? Maybe not, but if you get the chance to play one, you WILL be amazed.

Oh, and Carvin FTW.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200