I have a crappy $150 guitar (it has no floyd rose tremolo , or 24 frets ) and I´ve been playing for around 2 years so I want a guitar with a floyd rose and 24 frets , any recommendations?? should i buy and expensive guitar or a cheap guitar with floyd rose and 24 frets?? ( I like to play dream theater and steve vai stuff mostly)
dude, i was going threw the same thing, i was gonna get a average guitar since my starter was a piece of shit. but then i figured i mite as well save up a little more and just get a sic guitar.
i grabbed a ESP LTD F-250. its got a licensed floyd rose and 24 frets. then only thing is the pickups if u play a lot of cleaner stuff then these pickups are probly shit for your still of playing...
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
dude, i was going threw the same thing, i was gonna get a average guitar since my starter was a piece of shit. but then i figured i mite as well save up a little more and just get a sic guitar.
i grabbed a ESP LTD F-250. its got a licensed floyd rose and 24 frets. then only thing is the pickups if u play a lot of cleaner stuff then these pickups are probly shit for your still of playing...

I´ve seen some $200 washburn guitars with 24 frets and a floyd rose , it also includes a mini- amp ... but it seems a lot for so little ...
Check on RondoMusic.net, last I knew they had an SX guitar on their website w/ a Floyd Rose and 24 frets (I believe) for $130. That should be fairly good quality, since most of their other stuff is very nice. You may want to change the pickups, though.

If you want to spend more, go with either Jackson, or even better, Ibanez.

OLP has a guitar with a Floyd Rose for $279, but I think it only has 22 frets, which shouldn't matter.
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
lol i payed 650 for mine, and i was saving up for it for about 5 months

how much are you willing to spend?

So ... What if I buy a cheap Washburn guitar with 24 frets and a floyd rose and replace the pickups for some sweet dimarzio evolution ones????
The electronics in the guitar will be badly done, the guitar will be shoddily made. That's the general rule for cheap ones...just go with a decent one, at least you know what you're buying then.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX