I've been playing guitar 4 about 2 years now and I've decided to upgrade my guitar. I have about $1800 dollars to spend on it, and i can decide what to buy. Please give me advice on the purchase and if possible explain why
Get a Rickenbacker because they are the sexiest guitars ever.
Actually,you might want to tell us what kind of music you are going to be playing
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
jackson and esp are more metal guitars, schecter is too but you can work any one of them for genres other then metal
Well I'm not gonna recommend you a Zakk Wylde sig for jazz, or an ES-335 for metal, so what do you play?
I'm Probly gonna be play lead most of the time... But I want a guitar that can play rythem too... I will be play mostly alternitive and indie (along the lines of The Killers)
Gibson Les Paul....
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
What to get: You're best bet is either Fender or Gibson, probably an american HSS fender strat for alt and indie.

What not to get: The higher gain guitars (eg. schecter, jackson, ibanez, ESP, etc.)

EDIT: What amp do you have btw?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
^The guitars themselves are not high gain. If they have EMGs then they may be suited for higher gain more, but the Schecters with the Duncans (C1 Classic especially) are great versatile guitars. I would recommend checking out the Schecter C1 Classic or a Gibson Les Paul. What amp do you have? If its not too great, maybe you should check out getting a cheaper guitar, like in the 700 dollar range, and then using the rest on getting an amp or at least saving for one.
^I was just generally speaking (you don't use an ESP to play clean, etc.) although youre right about the schecters, they have a couple that do alt and indie quite well.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
dude really you just got play them and see which one you like best. but if i were you i would look at fender strats, epiphone semi-hollows, and lp's. oh and really i would spend about 1000 on a guitar and upgrade your amp too, like someone said unless you already got a good one.
Dude if you have 1800 to spend get a nice guitar, like a little higher end Les Paul or something. It would suit your style too.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.....

GO TO THE STORE AND TRY THEM OUT!!!
Seriously, go to a guitar store, try all the guitars in your price range, and see which one you like best. Only use what we here on the forums say as a guide, in the end you must decide what guitar you get.
what do you guys think about the "SG"? my uncle whos played guitar for 10+ years says that one would probly fit good
I have a fender frontman but i'm gonna be upgrading shortly after i get the guitar to a marshal jcm 800
dude just go to whatever music store is close to you and try out all the guitars and see which you're most comfortable with, then make a decision from there