So ive been playing for roughly 2 years now. And i want that page sound. And everyones answer is always Gibson Les Paul. But recently ive heard that for all his studio recordings he used a fender telecaster. is that true?
I thought that was only for the stairway to heaven solo.

If you're after somebody's studio sound, you're pretty much out of luck. A lot of them use double tracks to make their sound thicker.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
i just seen the song remains the same for the first time today man jimmy page is good i didnt know he was that good though
lol, you havent lived.... ilove his Tele, the paint is so originall
Quote by mray
So ive been playing for roughly 2 years now. And i want that page sound. And everyones answer is always Gibson Les Paul. But recently ive heard that for all his studio recordings he used a fender telecaster. is that true?

nope, he used his tele a lot, i think it was the only guitar he used on every Led Zep album. But whoever said it's the only one he used is talking out of their arse.
I think Jeff Beck gave him the tele.

Anywho, it will be easier to replicate the live sound, which is likely to be the LP, although he famously used an EDS1275, and a Dano towards the beginning I think.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
He used the Tele for the recording of Led Zep 1. I think that's the only full album he used it on. If you want a 'full' page sound get a Gibson Les Paul becuase a Tele won't give you it.