Could one or a few of you be saints and post some scales in minor? in particular C minor? i really want to get metal solos down- i know (like most people i see on here lol) the major & minor pentatonic scale, but that gives me much too much of a classic rock/classic metal solo when i improvise or write in it. So pleease post them, it will be greatly appreciated- and any other scales you think would benefit me for those metal (real heavy stuff, i can already play metallica style solos lol, think drop C) solos im after. thanks very much

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Take your C Major Scale

C D E F G A B C

now since its minor, that means we flat the third, so

C D Eb F G A B C

or you could also flat third, sixth, and seventh, giving you

C D Eb F G Ab Bb C

Of course you can also do Harmonic Minor, which has a flatted third and flatted sixth

C D Eb F G Ab B C
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Mar 13, 2007,
A major scale with a flat third is not natural minor, it's melodic minor.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
wow cheers guys =)

A major scale with a flat third is not natural minor, it's melodic minor.

What would the C Natural Minor scale be then? thanks
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Flat the 3, flat the 6 and flat the 7 to get Natural Minor. Aeolian and Natural Minor are just the same thing. Or you could just call it minor.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
C Aeolian (Pure Minor) - C,D,Eb,F,G,Ab,Bb
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by Mikeoman
Flat the 3, flat the 6 and flat the 7 to get Natural Minor. Aeolian and Natural Minor are just the same thing. Or you could just call it minor.
ah right okay, cheers for clearing that up
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

To get a natural minor from a major, locate the sixth degree and build the scale using the notes from the major, so:

G A B C D E F# G

E is the sixth degree so it will be the root of the relative minor:

E F# G A B C D E

To find a relative minor quicker, go down 3 semitones from the major to find the root, which is basically the same as finding the 6th degree, just simpler.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Here's an easy moveable position starting on the 6th string for any minor scale:

l - - - l - o - l - - - l - o - l - o -l
l - - - l - o - l - o -l - - - l - o -l
l - o -l - o - l - - - l - o - l - - - l
l - - - l - o - l - - - l - o - l - - - l

It didnt align that well, but I hope you understand what I'm saying. Just move that pattern anywhere on the neck and you have a minor scale. For example, start at the 12th fret using this pattern and you have a E minor; or the 5th fret, A minor.
Quote by Blackwater_35
Here's an easy moveable position starting on the 6th string for any minor scale:

l - - - l - o - l - o -l - - - l - o -l

It didnt align that well, but I hope you understand what I'm saying. Just move that pattern anywhere on the neck and you have a minor scale. For example, start at the 12th fret using this pattern and you have a E minor; or the 5th fret, A minor.

i'll try lol, i think you can use code tags or something idk ive never tried it...lets see...

l - - - l - o - l - o -l - - -  l - o -l

nope lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Minor Formula: 1 2b3 4 5 b6 b7

Harmonic Minor: 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 7

Melodic Minor Formula: 1 2 b3 4 5 6 7.

Do that to any major scale and you have your scales.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
|-|o|-|o|o|
|-|o|o|-|o|
|o|o|-|o|-|
|-|o|-|o|-|
|-|o|-|o|o|
|-|o|-|o|o|

better eh ?

lol

(out of topic, how do you put the code anyway?)