Page 1 of 2
Do you guys/gals know any other girls that play metal? I don't know why but I don't know if women belong in the metal genre... Its is nice to see women playing though (and to a point its kinda hot). I just don't know if they (women in general) would take it too seriously. I mean come on, i don't mean any disrespect at all, but women playing instruments seems like they take it as a trend and then move on when its not cool anymore...

I mean no disrespect, discrimination, or hatred to women. I am not advocating sexism or other negative aspects. I just wanted to know what you guys/gals thought. Intelligent replies would be nice too.....
Arch Enemy..
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Anyone that has a passion for making music should follow their dreams regardless of age, race, gender and all that jazz.
metal forum....... sexist thread....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
The Great Kat.
myspace.com/codesterness

Member #2 of the "Racecar is Racecar Spelled Backwards" club PM I AM JE§US to join.

Pink Lover.
Quote by jmkgforever
one word kittie

They kick ass.....And why the hell shouldn't women be in metal...From what I've seen, they can make darker and deeper lyrics than guys......
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jmkgforever
one word kittie

2 words fugly.

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

WALLS OF JERICHO MYSPACE

go listen to that chick singer and then you stfu about girls not belonging in metal
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by Guitar_Guy00001
Do you guys/gals know any other girls that play metal? I don't know why but I don't know if women belong in the metal genre... Its is nice to see women playing though (and to a point its kinda hot). I just don't know if they (women in general) would take it too seriously. I mean come on, i don't mean any disrespect at all, but women playing instruments seems like they take it as a trend and then move on when its not cool anymore...

I mean no disrespect, discrimination, or hatred to women. I am not advocating sexism or other negative aspects. I just wanted to know what you guys/gals thought. Intelligent replies would be nice too.....

An intelligent question would be appreciated first. There are lots of female metal musicians. Just see above, and look in the metal forums first.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
i say yes they should be in metal....
jesus christ look at my avatar! Well, otep isnt the best, one of my fav metal bands, but still...arch enemy is also one of my fav bands.....angela kicks so much ass....kittie is alright..the lead vocalist from walls of jericho is great as well...shes hot too lol
check out the Iron Maidens. An all-female Iron Maiden tribute band. They have a myspace I think.
Quote by jmkgforever
thats one word dumbass

FUCKING UGLY

I count two.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
well its cuz you combined them to fugly..thats why

i do believe she spoke up for me before i could well done
Last edited by jmkgforever at Mar 13, 2007,
Quote by jmkgforever
i do believe he spoke up for me before i could well done

um if youre referring to me im actually a she lol... i keep getting referred to as he
You guys need to listen to Crisis if you even want to put the 2 words metal and chicks together.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
The singer in my band is a chick and we play metal.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by Guitar_Guy00001

Angela Gossow you studip fuckhead!

Angela fucking Gossow!

j/k about the fuckhead stuff.

But still, Angela Gossow.
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Demonic Christ

+1
Astarte, Arkona, Tristania, After Forever, Haemorrhage, Sirens of Io (even though Kyah plays a BC Rich), 8 Ball Junkies, Sinergy, Leaves' Eyes, On Thorns I Lay, Draconian, Aeternitas, Mandragora Scream, Theatres Des Vampires, Therion, Lita Ford, etc. Lion Fever, The Holy Kiss, The Lost Kids, Sonic Youth have female members too but aren't metal but still kick ass.
There's a lot of women in music. Most chicks aren't very dedicated, but not many guys are either. The ones that are just kick ass though.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 13, 2007,
Quote by JamieB
FUCKING UGLY

I count two.

AHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!! Good one!

I hate those pricks who always feel the need to correct everyone's English Composition.
I like female vocalists in metal bands. Not the unpleasent growly vocals, but the melodic clean vocals are nice. But Kittie......the vocals annoy me and they seriously look like some hardcore bull-dykes.......
Quote by glm
And Manowar...

Might as well add Opeth in there. That chick can rock the fockin' mic! She's hawt too.
Quote by Guitar_Guy00001
Do you guys/gals know any other girls that play metal? I don't know why but I don't know if women belong in the metal genre ... Its is nice to see women playing though (and to a point its kinda hot). I just don't know if they (women in general) would take it too seriously. I mean come on, i don't mean any disrespect at all, but women playing instruments seems like they take it as a trend and then move on when its not cool anymore ...

I mean no disrespect, discrimination, or hatred to women. I am not advocating sexism or other negative aspects. I just wanted to know what you guys/gals thought. Intelligent replies would be nice too .....

i'd be glad to give you an intelligent answer.

you ARE advocating sexism.

it's right there in your question. buried between all the (pre)apologies.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Embodiment
Might as well add Opeth in there. That chick can rock the fockin' mic! She's hawt too.

I hope you mean otep.

Girl School anyone?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Very nicely put. Bravo
Quote by metal Lover
I hope you mean otep.

Girl School anyone?

Look at the hot chicks pic thread.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Touche, I didn't mean it in that way though... I tried to be humble about it. But for the record I think men and women are equal. Sorry if it seemed otherwise
Quote by Embodiment

Damn, that girl is f-i-n-e!!!

haha, i think you mean OTEP

Quote by metal Lover
I hope you mean otep.

Girl School anyone?

Nope Opeth! She's such a hot chick, see?

I'd do her!
Quote by xDie_Romanticx

Damn, that girl is f-i-n-e!!!

haha, i think you mean OTEP

The first chick is hot, the second one clearly has a wang.
Quote by Embodiment
Nope Opeth! She's such a hot chick, see?

The first chick is hot, the second one clearly has a wang.

*cums*

Michelle Akerfeldt is just gorgeous.
Well in my experience I haven't heard any good female musicians in metal. That's not to say they don't belong, it's just personal preference and opinion.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
Page 1 of 2