hey i went to my first concert last night and it was the red hot chili peppers. it started an hour and a half late, but it was no less than amazing. i couldnt believe how good of a show they can put on. do you guys think that was their last tour, or do you think they will have more? i would really love to see them again if i could. any thoughts?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Mar 13, 2007,
they said they are coming out with a new album so that probably means a tour promoting the album but who knows anthony is like 42
What'd you think about Mickey Avalon lol?

I was there.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by The_Okie
What'd you think about Mickey Avalon lol?

I was there.

was it supposed to be a joke or what? i couldnt tell if they were just extremely desperate or what. but that was an awesome concert anyway
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by leftybassdude
they said they are coming out with a new album so that probably means a tour promoting the album but who knows anthony is like 42

did they say when?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
those guys are like the stones or springsteen or santana or the who or ac/dc, theyll be around as long as they can, they have that passion. theyre not done.
well it said in an interview that their albums from now on are going to be much shorter so like no more 2 disc albums, but they didnt specify names or anything but i wouldnt worry
all right. good point. its just cool cause ive always loved them and finally got a chance to go and it felt really weird, like i could die and be happy now or something you know haha. like i was a part of something big
Lunatics on pogo sticks
yeah, they're superstars now... they'll tour till their knees buckle.

i was at both the By The Way tour (in fact, Calgary was the final show of that 19-month tour) and the Stadium Arcadium tour... both shows were amazing... simply mind-blowing how much energy AND musicality they can put out live.

btw, Mars Volta opened for them last time, and they were the BOMB. Flea played bass on their first album, and Frusciante played all the rhythm guitar on their latest one.
AH! NO! I don't want them to be done! I haven't seen them yet. Next time they come to N.E. I'm going! I can't wait. I don't think they're done. Like others have said, they have a passion for music. That's their life.
i just looked it up and john is 37, flea and anthony are 44, and chad is 45. damn i didnt realize they were that old
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
hey i went to my first concert last night and it was the red hot chili peppers. it started an hour and a half late, but it was no less than amazing. i couldnt believe how good of a show they can up on. do you guys think that was their last tour, or do you think they will have more? i would really love to see them again if i could. any thoughts?

Yay! Another Oklahoman (along with The_Okie). I wish I could have gone but I didnt have any tickets.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by frigginjerk
yeah, they're superstars now... they'll tour till their knees buckle.

i was at both the By The Way tour (in fact, Calgary was the final show of that 19-month tour) and the Stadium Arcadium tour... both shows were amazing... simply mind-blowing how much energy AND musicality they can put out live.

btw, Mars Volta opened for them last time, and they were the BOMB. Flea played bass on their first album, and Frusciante played all the rhythm guitar on their latest one.

That's too bad that The Mars Volta opened for them. They're a lot better than RHCP and should get more time to play. Oh well.
In a recent interview Kiedis said he believes they're just getting started
Quote by n0selfesteem
That's too bad that The Mars Volta opened for them. They're a lot better than RHCP and should get more time to play. Oh well.

i would say they're as good as RHCP, but it's two totally different ballparks. Volta just sound completely wild... I've seen them twice, but both times they were opening. Once for RHCP, as i said, and once for System of A Down, who were utter shite. I downloaded a full concert of theirs, but i haven't watched it yet.
Quote by n0selfesteem

you should get hit by a bus for that comment...

for some reason i only know like 8 songs or so on stadium arcadium, and they only played 3 of them which was kind of weird not knowing a few of the songs. i wish they would play some more older stuff as well. like they played give it away, can't stop, scar tissue, parallel universe, by the way, californication, thats the stuff i really love
Lunatics on pogo sticks
dude,
theres an only Chilis thread...
CBA to find it though...

Oh but btw yeah
The chili's might go as far as the stones i think, (****ing forever)
Or atleast as far as, say, aerosmith (about 35 years)
The chili's are only at 24 years now.

That's just what i think,
Considering things they've said (IE they're just started)
CTHC
Last edited by BreakingTheGirl at Mar 13, 2007,
They came to Costa Rica for the By The Way tour, I hope they come back for the Stadium Arcadium tour!

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
you should get hit by a bus for that comment...

You should get hit by a bus for thinking that the washed-up Chili Peppers will ever top their 1980s counterparts. Seriously, they're always gonna play the same songs live, and its always gonna be songs from their last few cds, which weren't very good.

The Mars Volta, however, are an exciting group who have transcended rock music with their weird, eccentric music. It's progressive as hell and sounds amazing. Cedric is also able to sing, which is a plus over RHCP.
o and john frusciante can't sing? are you serious. the red hot chili peppers are one of the best bands of our era. end of story
Lunatics on pogo sticks
MV are crap.
My opinion.

I saw Apache Rose LIVE.
Who else has ever seen that live?

NO ONE.
Except the other 70,000 people that were there.

pwnt.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
i know john isnt the singer, he sings back up. and he could sing lead if he wanted to, hes awesome.

edit: o and another thing, you cant deny how original rhcp is. there is no other band out there like them. ya you have your stereotypical metal, hard rock, guy band type bands, but theres no one like them.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Mar 13, 2007,
Quote by n0selfesteem
You should get hit by a bus for thinking that the washed-up Chili Peppers will ever top their 1980s counterparts. Seriously, they're always gonna play the same songs live, and its always gonna be songs from their last few cds, which weren't very good.

The Mars Volta, however, are an exciting group who have transcended rock music with their weird, eccentric music. It's progressive as hell and sounds amazing. Cedric is also able to sing, which is a plus over RHCP.

Meh, Mars Volta may be great,
But the chili's will always be better.
If they have made better music than the volta,
Ant even if their albums might be better than the chili's that one (or two, maybe)
The chili's will always be better
For making those amazing albums.
And to say anthony can't sing is just dumb...

Anyways, yeah.
It's a matter of taste, which you obviously have some,
And of understanding and thought put into
any of the many flaws in that thought,
Which you quite obviously lack.
CTHC
o yeah, red hot chili peppers are f*ck*ing amazing, i mean i saw a live concert on dvd and i was like WOW. now on june 24th they are coming to the netherlands and i am going i am excited already!
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^