i was wondering what are some intresting things you can use for song writing chords riffs and scales also whats the best way of using the bottem 3 strings kinda a beginner question i know.also another question how to you combine scales just by finding which ones share the root not or what?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
please can some1 help i need this or im gonna get kicked outta my band and feel like crap and im afraid i might turn emo and thats a fate worse then death
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
Learn theory. Write with theory. Live by theory. Learn enough theory to know how to play without using any of your knowledge.

In short, learn what sounds good, learn how to make it sound good, and then take what you know to bend the rules.
It's a long process.
how some people manage to stubble upon so many licks tho
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
I guess you meant to type "How do some people manage to stumble upon so many licks though?"
They learn music theory. While you can never learn all there is to know about music theory, a very good place to start is the link in my sig, and the MT Sticky.

As for making interesting solos, watch Marty Friedman's "Melodic Control" video (look it up on google videos).

The best way to use the bottom three strings - to play notes. Serious. (do you mean the EAD strings or GBe strings?)

When you learn a scale, do not learn just the box shape - learn the notes in the scale and play them all over the fretboard. To do this you must first learn the names of the notes all over the fretboard.

All of these things take a long time to learn, be patient. If you learn all that I have said and practice excersises with a metronome everyday, you will be better than most guitarists.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums