Yo. Basically i need a new guitar. I already have a MIJ tele and am just craving a bit more power. I play, in the main, indie, funk and a bit of crazy disco/rave music with my band but at home i could do with a guitar which can handle most genres although metal aint really a big must.

Im open to all designs- oddities and pretty much anything that'll do what ive requested, but all suggestions should really have humbuckers
i was thinking SG to start with but wasn't sure how good the special is and if the standard is worth the extra cash (i live in the uk so gibsons are a little more). the ultracure is somehting i've never seen before but it looks awesome and is certainly worth investigating, but as they seem quite rare i dont know if ill be able to play 1 before ordering, but if one comes up cheap on ebay i'll be there

Coming back to the SG, would it be a more cost effective approach to buy the special and put in some better pickups or is that no the real draw back any way? also what does anyone think about the telecaster HH or the jaguar HH?
Quote by One Way Ticket
Schecter Ultracure?

That's actually a pretty nice guitar, and it's not badly priced. Just make sure it's not too big for you, It's almost as big as a Dean ML.
Dickless.
One word. STRATOCASTER. Get you one of those Jimmy Vaughan Strats with the TexMex pickups, They're great guitars a little hotter than a standard.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
can you say eastwood? airline!! talk about funky design, but id say then get a new set of pickups
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
You should really check out a guitar a Roland Synth pickup. You can make all sorts of crazy sounds with one.

Here's a decent one that isn't expensive:

Switch Innovo IV Midi

If you have more cash, then this is a SPECTACULAR guitar:

Godin xtSA
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
That's actually a pretty nice guitar, and it's not badly priced. Just make sure it's not too big for you, It's almost as big as a Dean ML.

shouldn't be an issue as im 6 foot 1

I also really like that Godin it seems really versatile and some of the finishes look great. I think though an SG would probs still be my first choice but id like more suggestions still
Quote by MetalMilitia212

Its an amazing guitar. I would have totally bought one by now, but I'm saving up for a nice tube amp.
I'm back, you douchebags.