Page 1 of 2
As the prevailing answer in the "How long do you spend on UG in a week" thread was 'Far Too Long', Im curious as to how many UGers have a social life, i.e. like go out with friends, to clubs, meet girls, etc?

For me, it depends on the week. Sometimes Ill go into town, clubs and go to parties, but othertimes Im content to just chill out and watch TV.
I'm a pretty lazy intravert, so I'm usually only leaving the house for school, appointments, my guitar lesson, and the occasional social event.
I would have a social life, put i put it under my bed for safekeeping and my mom threw it away cleaning one day. But really, i just seem to have no friends.
I work in a nightclub, and am a student, so I'm out 2 maybe 3 times a week. I spend a lot of time with my girlfriend, and we normally go and play drinking games round her halls. I also run the uni badminton club, so I spend a lot of time doing that.

I think I have a fairly good social life.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by OrangePossum
I'm a pretty lazy intravert, so I'm usually only leaving the house for school, appointments, my guitar lesson, and the occasional social event.

Same, except that I have many friends and I hang out/party a couple times a week. Other than that, I'm way too lazy do anything.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
well my friends have been really busy lately and now its about to let up so ill be doing more stuff with them. im only 15 1/2 though so i cant go to clubs or anything like that. i do love going to concerts, basketball games, other events like that. like in the last week, ive been to 3 big 12 tournament games and the rhcp concert so thats a great week for me since i love that stuff. but as far as friends go, i dont do a whole lot. just waiting until i can drive in a couple months...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I'm only 15, until January 10th, 2008.

I get out alot though, I'm always out playing basketball, skateboarding, I lift weights after school, I play some sports.. I go to dances sometimes, I hang around with my friends, chill and stuff.
Quote by Twist of fate
So it doesnt feel like scraping your penis on sidewalk

my gear
Ibanez GRX40 guitar
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Ibanez IBZ10G Amp

Member of
[bThe UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)
I go out quite a bit but sometimes it's too much. I enjoy alone time a lot as well.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
I have all the babes around me, all the women are like, "let me touch your gentiles, your big juicy...steamy...veiny....gentiles." But I cant...cause im on UG too much :P.

Naw, im a student, I tour with my (oh god) SKA band during breaks. It's fun, we always get people moving somehow. Im out of work but doing shows and having some money aside doesent hurt anyone. We are sending out demos to labels next week so hopefully something will bite on and we'll do this as a profession (YES!). I'm pretty confident, were pretty good actually. We make tons of good friends on the road. So far we've done 2 national tours and it pays on and off. But just playing in front of people and seeing when people know some of your songs is incredible, even when it's 7 people some nights.

Anyway...enough talk of that. I have little money, no "action" yet and, chuck norris is my desktop background...
What's a social life?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I'm not really into the whole "clubbing/binge drinking" scene. I hang out with my friends, but we usually just sit around and watch films etc.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Metal claw
I only go out when my friends call me.

Otherwise, I really have no desire to leave the house.

I used to be like that

and it's still like that, only, I call my friends if I want to go fishing, photographing, to the gym e.t.c.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
What's a social life?

Wikipedia says it's an album by Koufax
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i have one, i like to think outside ug
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
I have a pretty good social life. I hang out with friends, go to the movies, concerts, and all that shit.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
i have a social life, if you count jamming with a couple bands all the time a social life. I have girlfriends when i meet the right girl, but i don't hit the clubs and go looking for tail... i don't have a little black book. I live in Canada, so my friends and I usually watch hockey and drink or smoke weed... i do go to local shows when i can get there, and i go to Flames games and concerts. i WAS a student, but students piss me off now... they're only ever half-there when you hang out with them, because they've been zombie-fied by their studies.
I'm not very social, I have a couple friends and I get along with people, but I'm pretty introverted and kind of a natural loner and behave accordingly. Not to the extent that I don't hang out with anyone but I don't go out a whole lot and am not a real party person, etc.
Quote by Kensai

Wikipedia says it's an album by Koufax

Hmm... either way I don't think I have one of those.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I've got a core group that I do stuff with most weekends. The social life's been on a bit of a decline, though, since the lady left. Now I don't feel like I have to get off the couch if I don't want to, so I find myself on the couch an awful lot.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Mine's pretty good.

Every weekend it's either one of my boyfriend's shows, getting crunk & doin' it lol, going out somewhere, chillin with my friends, or just sitting at home on here or Guitar Hero'n and Kingdom Hearts'n it up.

Well, good enought for me.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Hmm... either way I don't think I have one of those.

Well you can always download the album

Quote by BloodSugarMegan
Mine's pretty good.

Every weekend it's either one of my boyfriend's shows, getting crunk & doin' it lol, going out somewhere, chillin with my friends, or just sitting at home on here or Guitar Hero'n and Kingdom Hearts'n it up.

Well, good enought for me.

You and your guitar hero
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm married, so, although I have someone I spend lots of time with, I don't go out and date. And since I've only been living where I am now for a few months I don't know a lot of people around. So I spend way too much time on UG.
Death to Ovation haters!
i can't really go out and meet girls and stuff considering im in ninth grade but i hang out with friends everyday and sometimes with girls and stuff idk

im out of the house for most of the day in the daytime when there isnt school, i usually leave around 11 or so than come back at 7 or eight then stay on ug and myspace for the rest of the night.
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
I have a good social life. I work full-time go to university and hang out with friends every weekend. I just come to UG to procrastinate.
I have one hell of a social life. I hang out with friends, work on the dune buggy for school.... well the dune buggy has taken over my life at the moment cause we're in a hurry to get it done.

That's just during the weekdays. Now the weekends on the other hand... well lets just say I have many good reasons that I'm not on UG on the weekend.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Next to no social life, because everyone here hates me and there's nothing to do here anyway.
I have a job on weeknights and weekends during the day, and I go out weeknights I'm not working and every weekend. Guitar and my band when I'm not doing either of those two (mostly weeknights.)
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
I've got a good social life.

Out at the pubs every weekend or at a friends house drinking, Friday and Saturday. (The drinking culture up here is craaaaaazy. You see 11 year olds wasted wandering the street on Saturday Nights these days.)

I've got football training three times a week. I try to go to the gym once a week but that's kinda stopped since shorty after Xmas.

I'm on UG whenever I play my guitar which is a lot, just incase I need to look up a tab, have a Technique question, theory question, whatever.

Got a part-time job too. I enjoy staying in when I can on weekdays though, just to chill, play guitar, T.V etc.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
There really aren't many clubs in my town, but I like to hit the movie theater, park, monthly coffee house, etc. with friends.

My numerous friends

numerous.

I'm straight edge so I really don't hangout with the stoners or drunkies...and they're normally at the only clubs we have...so it's mostly jsut a walk around town, reek havoc, and run kind of thing.

Haha, other times I jsuts sit home and play gutiar.

The thing that keeps me sane is the magnificent CD store we have. Its fan-****ing-tabulous.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
im afraid of the sun.

i also use the black theme on UG incase the light tries to burn my eyes from the regular theme.
It's pretty good. I have an ok group of close friends, I go out on weekends, and I don't really get picked on. I'm by no means popular, but I'm not a loser either.
Dickless.
I'm introverted to a point where it's bordering a social disorder. I do have quite a few friends, and could go out regularly, but I feel less anxious, and more comfortable, in my room, playing guitar.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Its pretty much impossible for me to have a social life. All my friends look over 18 and go pubs and bars every day. I dont look 12 so I cant.

I only go out for gigs now.

Guitars never ditch their mates though
Quote by Red.Washburn77
I'm introverted to a point where it's bordering a social disorder. I do have quite a few friends, and could go out regularly, but I feel less anxious, and more comfortable, in my room, playing guitar.

--Red

Same, I could go out if I wanted but it's just a preference of mine to just stay home and practice guitar.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I have no social life.. Maybe once a week i'll hang out with some friends because i took the effort to call them up and come up with something to do. If I have no incentive call someone up...we never do anything
I've got a good social life with hanging out and partying but I don't mind chilling at home either. When faced with the option, I'd rather stay home then go hang out in a parking lot and do nothing there.
Page 1 of 2