It used to be that bands like metallica owned the airwaves, but it seems since death metal was discovered that metal has been looked on as too demonic and (with lack of a better word) scary to listen to. Most people listeners of metal have been looked at as almost cultic. However moreover it seems that if any band brings metal back into the mainstream light it will most likely be trivium as much as it hurts me to say it. My point is does anyone think that metal in anyform will one day be revived into mainstream, or are we doomed to an eternity of rap and pop-punk?
any mainstream metal will have to be watered down to some degree. All the really good metal will stay underground. Underground meaning very limited radio and tv play, if any at all.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by insideac
Nigga ILL BE THE FUTURE OF METAL

I dunno. Whatdya mean "revived into mainstream"? You talking about metallica and things that are crap? Or tr00 black metal?

Metallica is not crap.
Pobably 75% of metal bands grew up on Metallica.

Also, who said you suck just because your mainstream?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by moomoocons
Metallica is not crap.

Cool down.

Also, most stuff that is mainstream generally turns out more boring and predictable because it is watered down to be able to sell to masses. It can be good, of course.

Also, aren't there like 50 threads on this?

EDIT:

Sani's thread has the EXACT same title. I would probably use that one.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326419&highlight=future+metal
Quote by moomoocons
Metallica is not crap.

what?

...Are you on acid? You just edited my quote and crap.