I am deciding on getting a new guitar. However, which guitar is really hard to choose. The guitar I currently have is a Squire affinity stratocaster and we all know how bad it sounds. I mostly play Metallica, a little bit of ACDC and other misc songs, which makes the situation worse.

Which is why I'm considering the Jackson Warrior for my next choice. I really only have the money to buy a $400 maybe $500 guitar right now. I'm wondering if I should wait more until I get more money to buy a better guitar? However, I dont think I can wait because the sound the Squire gives is really discouraging and makes me not want to play. I have a Fender Frontman 15G and a Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal to go with the guitar.

Should I get the Jackson Warrior? I'm wondering because I dont want to buy this guitar, than buy another electric guitar because it isn't good. Do you think it's worth getting and would last a couple years while I save up more money to buy an acoustic and a better amp?

Also, *this is mainly for the people who have the guitar* are the pick ups good for very soft and jazzy songs as well?

Thanks.
Last edited by klducks at Mar 13, 2007,
check out the esp/ltd 50 series they go for around $200 each but its an inprovement from the squire and it should hold you over till you can save up some more money to get what you want
Alter bridge Rocks Club member #35 PM Logz to join

Quote by Powerhouse
I took a dump in the back of a movie theater once.
Quote by Zero528
check out the esp/ltd 50 series they go for around $200 each but its an inprovement from the squire and it should hold you over till you can save up some more money to get what you want

I really want a guitar that has a new look. Something that I'd actually use later on without buying another electric guitar hopefully. And when getting a "better" guitar later on, I'm not going to spend 600+ on an electric guitar.

Also, spending money on another basic guitar is just money in the bin, since I want a solid guitar.

What about the Jackson WRXT X Warrior? It has a tremelo, which the JS30 doesnt have.
the JS-30 is fine, my friend owns one, plays quite nice, the pups are kinda bad thought.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
How does the WRXT Warrior compare to the JS30 warrior?

I know it has an added tremelo. Are there other pro/cons compared to eachother?

I kinda wanna know what benefits i get from paying an extra $150 for the guitar with the tremelo.
You could check out the Ibanez S series you cud get a S320 or some SA models. I find them very versatile once you change the pups. But with guitars like the s series or warrior always try before u buy cuz it may look cool but u may not feel comfortable playin with it cuz i had bought a Dean ZX without trying and just found it plain uncomfortable and sold it within a month