Does it damage strings to leave a capo on for an extended period of time? If so, how long until I should take it off? In case it matters, I have that gold dunlop capo. Thanks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by IamIronMan88
is it really that hard to just take it off when you're done playing? How lazy are you man?

Maybe he wants to tune it down half a step.... and then put the capo on the first fret so he never has to tune back in forth.... don't forget about this thread yet because I am curious.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
^+1.. even if you dont ever take it off, at least move it around a bit so it doesn't mess with your truss.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
Thanks for the support, but I'm actually pretty lazy. But really it's mostly things coming up, and me running out of my house last minute. Shit happens, and my acoustic just lies there on the couch. It's an acoustic btw, I rarely capo my electrics. That might make a difference.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
the only thing bad about leaving a cap on is that the strings dig into the rubber on the capo, and could leave permanent indentations in it if you leave it on there
"Salvation a la mode, with a cup of tea"~aqualung/jethro tull
it should be fine for awhile, but i wouldnt leave it on for more than a couple of days.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm